Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been researching and looking through old posts here to see which brands are the best. This is the lists I've made so far. Do you prefer one brand to the other? New Dog will be in a more simple clip since he will hear a harness with packs. At least part of the year I want him to have a Miami. I've looked at the Lamb and Town and Country clips and he will come to me in a kennel clip.

Chris Christiansen
-Gold 20mm pin brush
-Medium Slicker Brush
-Fine-Coarse Comb
-Poodle Comb

Madan
-Purple (? this is one of the things I don't quite know about) pin brush
-Medium Slicker
-Comb (regular length tines)
-Poodle comb short

Any other brands I should look at? Are my sizes/types right?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I love love love my Chris Christensen brushes and combs, even my kitty who hates to be brushed does not mind the CC slicker. I use the butter combs on my blue boy, especially when he went thru the change. I like the t-brushes from CC as well. All his stuff fits so well in your hands, and is so well made.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I use the CC oblong pin brush - it's 20mm, but not the gold one. I also use their wooden pin brush. I don't use a slicker brush on Vinnie. I have the fine/course comb and the course comb. I keep the fine/course comb in Vinnie's travel bag and just use the course one at home.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any reviews on the Les Poochs brushes? I've seen a lot of good reviews on the gold and silver for poodles. Are these better slickers than the CC?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I googled Les Pocchs gold (or silver) and it brought up reviews and products. Ebay has some crazy good prices ($55 for a regular gold!).

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
LOVE my Les Pooches silver brushes (I bought a single and a double through the group buy we put together here on the forum - both brushes including shippng was less than $81!!) Well worth it! I also love my Chris Christensen products and I ordered a few more things last week (a wooden pin brush and a T brush) Grooming tools are addictive! :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I am in LOVE with my silver Les Pooch and don't use anything else on Paris now.... does that help? lol

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i bought a black madan pin brush for my spoo the other day from topline pet for $19.00 inc shipping. i have a franks universal slicker which is really nice for about $3.50 which also works on my cairns & my lab x and a fine/coarse greyhound comb. (i got the slicker and the greyhound from ryan's pet supplies).

i prefer the franks slicker because the handle is comfortable ...
http://www.ryanspet.com/productInfo.aspx?itemNo=FR7137

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
back to say i just got my madan brush (that was super fast!) and it's lovely. i really liked how well it worked yet how gentle it was.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I love CC poodle comb and would also look at CC comb #15 and #9 combs.

As far as brushes, I don't like CC brushes, but love my Madan brush. I have purple and use it for my Havanese, so I wouldn't recommend it for a poodle. I would get either the terrier brush that is black with red pad or just a regular black as it's stiffer than pruple, but not as stiff as black with red.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i just received my regular black madan brush and it's so nice. i've been using a slicker, but i really like how this worked. i even brushed my male cairn, max (lily the girl hid as usual!), heck, i chased down my lab and brushed her too!

it's a nice quality brush. i likey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts