Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Water dog Vertebrate Carnivore Dog breed

Hello lovely poodle loving humans!

So since I got my Spoo pup at 8 weeks(he will be 5 months on the 16th) I was washing him weekly because puppies are dirty lol. Initially I would Shampoo weekly but I noticed his coat started looking dry so I would only shampoo every other week while still bathing him weekly in the kiddie pool. I was told by the groomer that shampooing too often strips the hair of their natural oils.

Is there a specific shampoo and conditioner one uses that doesn't dry out the coat? I want to return to shampooing weekly because the puppy is lifting his leg to pee now and often pees on his leg lol

Thank you!

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is what I use it is really good for their skin hair all sorts. It is an all natural product no harsh chemicals ect. It is a combination shampoo conditioner oatmeal based. If you're going to bath once a week due to him getting dirty that's what I would use. It returns those essential oils you were talking about. A word of caution though try a small amount in a small area make sure your dog is not allergic. I would do that with any type of new shampoo or conditioner. Poodles have very sensitive skin prone to all sorts of problems with it. Maybe get a small bottle and try it they have it on Amazon works for us. Just be careful the coat doesn't get too many oils or you'll end up with clogged pore skin problems. I only use this on Dewy every 2 to 3 weeks or so. Sometimes more often if he gets really dirty.
Liquid Fluid Paint Drink Solution
Liquid Fluid Drink Personal care Paint

·
Registered
Bentley - 6; Willow - 6; Mia - 3; Jasper - 3
233 Posts
Why B*tch B3. It's amazing on the coat. I use it on my show dogs that are bathed weekly (or more often).

Reactions: Heartland2022
1 - 4 of 4 Posts