Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
My husband and I and Charlie would like to take a road trip in March/April out of freezing northern Michigan to someplace relaxing, quiet, and warmer. We're not into crowds, busy cities or a lot of shopping. We love to visit historic sites, nature drives and walks, and small/medium towns. So many travel websites offer "dog-friendly" activities and restaurants but they can be misleading. Our ideal weather can be 50s and above (which would be a huge improvement from our Michigan weather)!!

Any advice for places to stay and play if we took 2-3 weeks for a southern vacation? Thanks so much!

And I still can't load a picture of Charlie! So sorry because I have so many!! The forum asks for a URL (http: www ...) which I can't figure out because all I have are attachments from google pics and Onedrive pics. I've also uploaded photos to my signature, but when I try to save them it indicates a fail. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
222 Posts
We like St. George Island, FL or Cape San Blas, FL. There are really good campgrounds in both places if you're into that, and the beaches are uncrowded and dog friendly. They are in the middle of nowhere, though- make sure the amenities (or lack there of) will suit your needs. Also, people tend to have a really laid back approach to their rental property management, so shop carefully for pet friendly rental houses etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Judy, West coast of Florida. So much more laid back (except for Sarasota) than the East Coast.

I can't figure out the picture thing either. Maybe someone can help?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
To post pictures stored on your PC see this

https://www.poodleforum.com/2-member-introductions/270323-technical-problems.html#post3261239

------------------

For road trips, we usually spend a few days every year in the Beaver Lake/Eureka Springs, Arkansas area. There are other dog friendly places to stay but The Roadrunner Inn at Beaver Lake is hands down the most dog friendly hotel/motel we've ever stayed at. The innkeeper, Bob, is the very best. He has several dogs himself and they all live on the premises. The motel is quiet, the setting is very peaceful, and Eureka Springs, a cool old town, is about 15 minutes away. Most of the restaurants with outdoor spaces are dog friendly. Weather dependent, it could be a good option for a 2-4 day stop. You're in The Ozarks, so there's nature and fun driving roads :).

Our longer drives take us to the Asheville/Hendersonville/Flat Rock area of North Carolina (we have family there). We've stayed in dog friendly inns near Hendersonville and Flat Rock. We day trip around Lake Lure and Asheville. Hendersonville, and others in the area are like Eureka Springs, cool old towns. Here you're in the Blue Ridge Mountain area, so, more nature, and fun driving roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts