Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing this question out for opinions. One of my cousins wants to make a donation to a charity in memory of one of my pups. (I'm gobsmacked. What a sweet and supportive gesture.) Does anyone have a charity to recommend?
We have a local poodle rescue, but they were kind of mean to one of my friends when she wanted to adopt. I like the rescue where I got my cat. I like the mission of OFA. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
536 Posts
In Ontario we have the Farley Foundation, which helps with veterinary bills for the elderly and disabled; as well as the SafePet program that fosters and cares for pets of women escaping domestic abuse. You could check your state veterinary medical association to see if there is something similar local to you.

·
Super Moderator
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking I really like the idea of a donation to a safe pet organization.

Years ago we took in a young woman leaving an abusive marriage. She came to us in part because her own family couldn't/wouldn't take in her pets, and we would. What was really amazing about our late pup was how he took on the duties of chaperone and protector. Local guys would come up to flirt with the woman when she took him on walks. Our pup would quietly but firmly place himself between her and the young bucks, ensuring nobody could get within touching distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts