Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Are silver grey toy poodles no longer a popular color? I had one many years ago, and she was an elegant beauty. I鈥檝e been searching through Canada snd the USA but have had no luck. It seems that Red is the color nowadays. If you can help direct me, I would be most appreciative.
Thank you ...馃惥馃惥

Premium Member
The breeder, Rodell's toy poodles CT, I got my white boy from breeds white, silver and apricot. Silverbirch toys in NY breeds silvers.

Registered
Are silver grey toy poodles no longer a popular color? I had one many years ago, and she was an elegant beauty. I鈥檝e been searching through Canada snd the USA but have had no luck. It seems that Red is the color nowadays. If you can help direct me, I would be most appreciative.
Thank you ...馃惥馃惥
Red poodles are trendy right now yes, but you'll find something different if you look at good reputable show breeders. I think you can find more silvers there. But keep in mind most good breeders don't produce many litters a year so you should expect to get on a waiting list until they have litters.

Check G8rcreek in Georgia. They specialize in silver toys.

Registered
Amity Valley Kennels in Minnesota breeds silvers. They are listed as an "AKC Breeder of Merit," but even with that, research is important. :) Good luck finding your new precious pup!!

Edit: If you do a search on the forum, people have described their experiences with this breeder.

Registered
I corresponded with Anne at Amity in 2017 when starting my search for a poodle to join our family. She was very responsive but didn't have any girls available so we looked elsewhere.

I'd also give Adelheid Poodles in Rochester Minnesota a look. I didn't contact them because we found our boys just after finding their website. Their dogs look good and their website mentions specific and correct genetic testing for the varieties.

Safranne Poodles is in Winona Minnesota. They joined PF sometime in the last year. Miniatures are their focus but still worth a look.

There may or may not be silvers in their repertoire but they'll likely know where to find them. I started out looking for a silver or brown little girl, young adult or older puppy and ended up with two 8 week old brothers, one is black going blue and the other a cream. Life takes funny turns :).

Good Luck and stay in touch, please!

Reactions: Dogs4Life

Registered
Amity shows on their website that they have a litter of silvers toys due in early April; doesn't show how many are expected in the litter and how many are available. I wonder how the current health crisis is going to impact these puppies going to their forever homes in June.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts