Poodle Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rufus sleeps in my bedroom—sometimes cuddled up with me under the covers & him on top of the covers and sometimes in the floor of my room or en suite master bathroom. Most nights he shifts from one location to the other depending on his body temp & hoe needy he feels. Right now he’s asleep while I’m browsing the internet in my bedroom…he’s got his paws draped on me and his head near my pillow. I guess he’s needy tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering where everyone's poodle sleeps at night.

Mines had a problem sleeping and constantly barks after being woken up by little noises since he doesn't like being alone, he sleeps in play pen in the living room and we are considering changing this set up.
I slept on the couch for 8 weeks with my little guy crated and took him out several times a night. Then the crate in the room for six months, then he was free. Now he sleeps on my son's pillow next to his head every night.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Our little guy sleeps in bed with us. All of our dogs have. We all sleep better that way.

I should note that the largest dog we've had was 20-25 lbs. I'm not sure what we'd do if we had a larger dog, but I suspect we'd just buy a larger bed! :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering where everyone's poodle sleeps at night.

Mines had a problem sleeping and constantly barks after being woken up by little noises since he doesn't like being alone, he sleeps in play pen in the living room and we are considering changing this set up.
My Spot is on my bed until I turn out the light. He then goes into his bed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ernie sleeps on the bed either curled up between us or sprawled at the end of the bed. He doesn't like being under the covers. He may sometimes move backwards and forwards between spots during the night but generally sleeps pretty well all night through. He has been doing this ever since he was pretty reliably house trained. We only ever had one 'accident' on the bed. Our previous toy poodles also slept on the bed with us and we all sleep pretty well like this. It's pretty comforting to have a living hot water bottle on a cold night :D

·
Premium Member
Zoe and Mochi
59 Posts
Both of ours sleep in our bedroom. Zoe sleeps in her bed, which is right next to our big bed. That is her preference. Since December, Mochi has slept on our bed with us, and that is definitely his preference. Early on, Mochi slept in his own bed next to our bed for several months, but if I got up to go to the bathroom, he would wake up and not go back to sleep. That would mean we would be up at 3:30am or 4:00am. Then in December, at 9 mos. of age, Mochi had emergency surgery for an intestinal obstruction and had a large incision. Despite wearing a surgical suit, I wanted to keep a close eye on him at night, so he started sleeping in bed with us. He slept extremely well and so did we. He has never gone back to his bed. Now if I get up to go to the bathroom, Mochi may wake up but he goes right back to sleep.
My husband and I both feel that we should have done this months before we did:) He is a toy poodle and we have a king-size bed--there's plenty of room:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Standard slept in her 48" crate until she was about 8 months by my bed.After she was old enough not to get into mischief she was let out at night and I bought her a big dog bed where she sleeps.But I have found her in the middle of the night sleeping on the couch with her head on the pillow lol..she looks so comfy I let her stay.

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
Just getting on this thread - Asta sleeps with DH & me in queen size bed. He has his corner at my feet. Somehow during the night he claims more and more of my real estate till I am just a curled up ball.
Ignores intimate activities.
Alfy that is a wonderful pic of Alfy. Would love to have a copy to use as a screen saver for awhile.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts