Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer Harry gets his bath outside but it's colder now and the water is too cold to do that. So he gets a bath inside in the tub with the shower sprayer. I just wish that I could get the same amount of water pressure inside as I do outside. It would make bathing faster.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Until I get my raised tub, if I ever do, I bathe them in my "grooming area" in my basement. It has a shower hose and floor drain. I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a new hose and shower head because I get totally soaked because some of the water leaks out the top and runs down the hose dripping on me! UGG -

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have no idea how much I'd love to have a raised tub. I wish I could turn my patio into a screened in patio and use it for a grooming area.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Here in our little town we have several "Do it Yourself" dog bathing centers. They have raised tubs, some of them have Hydro-surge, and I'm pretty sure they all have high velocity dryers. The one we've been taking Meau to charges about $8 - $10 but it's a "bring your own shampoo" place.

There's one self-bathing center that is part of the city's only "pet-store" where they sell live puppies (I'm sure from puppy mills) and kittens - this is the only one I would never, ever consider trying... besides it literally REEKS of feces and urine when you walk in the door. :( The newest DIY dog bath is part of a laundramat/carwash - it's basically unsupervised and you pay for the number of minutes you use (like a vending machine) It's $5 for 7 minutes which includes the wash/rinse AND dry!!! It'll take like a month's wages to get a poodle done (especially the drying part!!) so we probably won't go to that one either.

In my dreams, I'd like to get a raised tub and put it in our utility room - there's already a big tub in there, and we never use it, but it is a divided tub and not enough room for a spoo in the divided sections... I'm also looking at velocity dryers... someday I may have my dreams come true, but it probably won't be this year...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supposedly I'm getting a stand dryer in January said husband but we shall see.;)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
When my parents renovated their house about 10 year ago, my mom had the old bathtub placed in the basement and raised up so our guys get bathed in there. She has a nice little set up!

I live in a condo, so my guy/ gal will have to be bathed in my tub. That will just be when he gets dirty out on walks, not for grooming purposes.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I have a spray shower nozzle w/ adjustable pressure. It's awesome and wasn't that expensive. I do bathe Harley outside in the summer b/c he's just so big and won't jump into the tub. I'm actually glad I don't have a raised tub b/c getting a 115lb Rottie in regular tub is enough work, lol.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a spray shower nozzle w/ adjustable pressure. It's awesome and wasn't that expensive. I do bathe Harley outside in the summer b/c he's just so big and won't jump into the tub. I'm actually glad I don't have a raised tub b/c getting a 115lb Rottie in regular tub is enough work, lol.
They make ramps!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I just use our regular bath tub groan (my back hurts at the thought) Then I use a shop vac to dry them which is sooo much better then the hairdryer that I had been using.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
They make ramps!
I don't think he'd use one, lol. I need to get a video of him going into the bathroom. I call him and comes as usual, then realizes it's the "bad room" and pulls a Scooby Doo trying to get out. It's really funny. He doesn't act up in the tub at all and he lets me get him in the tub. It's just getting him to the tub that the hard part.

·
Registered
741 Posts
i bath todd at work or if he has come back from a walk and rolled in some nastyness witch he does all the time( doesnt he know poodles dont do that lol) ill stick him in the tub at home..

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Right now the bath tub for me. I use a shower head with a detachable sprayer and it is a killer on the back. I did 3 poodle baths last night, I only have 2 spoos....it was an interesting evening what Suri and Olie got into.......and the shop vac, I am picking one up this weekend. :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I just bought a house in July and I have a really nice unfinished basement that has a shower. I put my grooming area in that corner of the basement and put my extra little grooming table in the shower. I bathe Vinnie on the grooming table and then transfer him to my "real" grooming table for drying/grooming. Works like a charm - not sure I would want a raised tub now - I really like just using the table.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have been washing Zulee in the kitchen sink, but I'm not doing it again. She is pretty good while I groom her, but hates taking a bath. Go Figure?!?!? I'm careful with the water temp. She started lunging out of the sink. Since I am short, she almost jumped over me. There is nowhere to go but a long way down onto the hard floor.

I'm going to start washing her in the tub. I'm going to miss the sprayer.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have 2 booster baths and the "tropic shower" hose adapter( it allows you to hook a hose to your hot/cold water supply for the washing machine. I set them up in my garage at our old house and that worked great. We had moved to another house last january because we were going to sell our house, but the rent to own people backed out, and now that our lease is up, we are moving back. Until then I wash Kaden in my shower on my grooming table, and the other either in the tub(if they are small) or I go down to the shop I used to work at and use their tubs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a really big laundry room! I think I should talk my husband into this for our garage.;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts