Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I fixed Jazz's haircut the last two days. Christmas eve we did FFT and pattern on legs, bath, blow dry. Christmas I decided I hated looking at what was left of the pattern on her back and neck and clipped the rest of her hair with a #2 guard comb. It doesn't quite blend in but close enough. I left "pom poms" on her rear legs since they are there on the front but the difference in the hair length you pretty much cannot see them. I only left them as a just in case type deal, just in case I wanted hair there. I can't decide where to take her next. Her haircut is to plain for me I want something with some visual interest though I did briefly consider a lamb with more obvious (as opposed to well blended) legs. She is SUPER easy to keep matt free btw so now worries on her getting long, her coat is awesome, unlike Saleen's.
Since I did the pattern work on her front legs though it would be a good long while before I could do that anyhow so thats out since by the time the hair there is ready I won't be in a position to do anything about it. With such short hair I kind of feel like it may look funny for a while but now is a good time to set a new pattern for her to grow into since it is easier for me to do it when the hair is so short and you can see what you are doing.

So any ideas on what to try next? Thus far I have considered attempting a swirl, put her back in a modified English saddle, or another one of the dutch clips. I am thinking the last banded clip I tried came out so poorly that it might be a good idea to stay away from that until I can really focus and clip it without hands shaking, cramps, contractions, or being distractable. She was previously in a short lion clip that looked OK but hubby said she only looked half groomed lol.

The photos is not really the best but I just can't get her up on the table again to take a better one and John is busy so it'll have to do. You get the basic idea of what she looks like same length for the most part all over, neck and band around the middle still pretty short. I am not adverse to clipping the neck again if somebody has some great idea on a style that calls for that but at the moment the way she is now I wish she had neck hair like Saleen because she would look better :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe I should just dump her in the tub with some color and call it a day, that would add my visual interest LoL. We were thinking of doing parts of her Blue when Nicholas is born and blow writing "it's a boy" on her side in color but I may settle for blue ears, tail, and bracelets.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
OMG...if I had a white, I would be dying it all the time!! Have you ever seen the youtubes videos on Jecht, the white Spoo owned by a master groomer here in Canada... I think if you type his name in the youtube search bar a bunch will come up. I LOVE the work she does on her boy. The best is the Canada Day Poodle, with the red top knot, tail and poms and a big red maple leaf sculpted and dyed into his sides. Beautiful. I love the idea of the blue on your guy!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG...if I had a white, I would be dying it all the time!! Have you ever seen the youtubes videos on Jecht, the white Spoo owned by a master groomer here in Canada... I think if you type his name in the youtube search bar a bunch will come up. I LOVE the work she does on her boy. The best is the Canada Day Poodle, with the red top knot, tail and poms and a big red maple leaf sculpted and dyed into his sides. Beautiful. I love the idea of the blue on your guy!
I've seen that dog :) well pictures of him anyway lol. I used to dye Jazz all the time but haven't lately. I kind of miss her being colored crazy colors lol.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think she looks great! But, a dye job would be fun!! Post pics if you do it.

will do, haha I always do don't I. Gotta hold off on the dye till closer to the time Nicholas is going to be here that way it won't be faded out when he arrives. Then again.... I could do blue food coloring and then after that fades dye her with the real stuff...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I loved Jazz in the saddle clip you had her in. The desi trim that flying duster has her Paris in is a beautiful clip. i still want to try it on one of mine eventually!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I loved Jazz in the saddle clip you had her in. The desi trim that flying duster has her Paris in is a beautiful clip. i still want to try it on one of mine eventually!
Maybe I'll do the saddle again.. I kind of think I liked her best in that minus the stripes she had at the time. Lesson learned don't use amplified manic panic... use the regular stuff and don't use red anywhere you aren't prepared to clip it out LoL.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Maybe I'll do the saddle again.. I kind of think I liked her best in that minus the stripes she had at the time. Lesson learned don't use amplified manic panic... use the regular stuff and don't use red anywhere you aren't prepared to clip it out LoL.
lol, red ANYTHING stains so bad! Even the chalk I use on Paris, the red stays *forever*!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, red ANYTHING stains so bad! Even the chalk I use on Paris, the red stays *forever*!
Where did you find red chalk?? Even red blow pens and markers stay in Jazz until it's clipped out. I did her pink not all that long ago... (October I tihnk??) with food coloring and she is still pink at the base of her topknot and ears.

Have you ever dyed a poodle tail by chance? I've done jazz's a couple of times in various shades. I notice that the hair there holds onto color for a looong time no matter what color it is, same with the ears - so far anyway. Can't figure out why.. When I did her purple and orange for halloweeen her tail was orange and it still has a yellow-ish dingy cast. Thats annoying lol. Oh well. John likes the idea of dying her tail, ears, bracelets blue and my mother HATES the idea so blue they will be :) Hehehe. :p Just as soon as I find the energy for it. Maybe today, nothing better to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts