Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here; so I don't know if this post has been posted before (if so, excuse and just ignore me :) )

I just wanna know where are you guys from?

Me?
I am from Puerto Rico and moved to California (Ontario) last July and moved in September to Palm Springs California.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Born and raised in Bismarck, North Dakota... Lived in Minneapolis/St. Paul for 8 years (1985-1992) and couldn't wait to get back home! I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers who still live here (as well as my folks) and we're a very close family (have lunch together every Saturday) I love North Dakota! :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Born and raised in South-Africa, I immigrated to the US 4 years ago (wow... I can't believe it's been that long already!) I now live in Maryland, right outside of DC.
How cool! My best friend in high school's parents were originally from South Africa as well (um... Rhodesia, I'm pretty sure)! I've heard it is quite pretty, and very interesting to be there culturally. I have an elephant hair bracelet around here somewhere! (I like to not think how it came to be, but that the elephant needed a hair cut!)

Lived in Dunedin, New Zealand all of my life
ditto to Jak, I was born here, and lived here in Dunedin, NZ, my whole life.
... can I come live with either of you?... I'm small, rather adorable (if I do say so myself), and can maybe, sometimes, possibly, probably, be bothered to clean :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, I grew up in a USAF family and then I joined the AF~ so I was born in South Carolina but I've lived in California, Arizona (several times!), Illinois, South Carolina (several times!) Mississippi (twice), Alabama, New York, Virginia, Holland, Germany, Turkey, Tripoli, England, Maryland, and now West Virginia. But I'm not finished moving yet! We plan on retiring to Tennessee in a few years.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
How cool! My best friend in high school's parents were originally from South Africa as well (um... Rhodesia, I'm pretty sure)! I've heard it is quite pretty, and very interesting to be there culturally. I have an elephant hair bracelet around here somewhere! (I like to not think how it came to be, but that the elephant needed a hair cut!
Cool! LOL...Actually they cut hair off of the elephant's tail... that is what they use to make the bracelets.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was born in New Jersey, lived there till I was 9. Moved to Alabama for 5 years. Next we were on to Wisconson for 18 months. I've been in Iowa since 1991.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Cash-I was born and raised in NJ also-moved to WI for a few years then to Phoenix, AZ and now have been in TX for 30 years.

·
Registered
448 Posts
This is rather fun reading... I too was born in New Jersey (what was in the water to produce all these poodle lovers?) but raised in So Cal.. spent some years in Bend Or... now living in Southern Utah. I love if here, weather... sunny nearly everyday but a bit of the 4 seasons too. And NO FLEAS!
It's a beautiful state that hasn't been really discovered... for probably obvious reason. LOL!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
How come all you losers left NJ?? ;)

Born and raised in Louisiana, then after my divorce, moved to and lived in Massachusetts for 15 years before moving to Bergen County, New Jersey. I will most likely stay here the rest of my life because it's the first place I've ever lived that I truly felt I belonged. I was meant to work in the city (but I don't really want to live in the city because of the cockroaches. I have a phobia, stemming from my childhood in flying cockroach-infested Louisiana. Don't laugh, they're terrifying!) OK, you can laugh, I don't care--just keep them away from me! :)

I feel like I have the best of both worlds here. I do not take it for granted that I can go to a play on Broadway on a whim or that people all over the world pay lots of money to travel here to experience NYC. I am always nice and courteous to tourists, even if they sometimes get on my nerves. I want them to have a positive experience, because, despite its reputation, NYC has some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. We just don't suffer fools, that's all.

Haha--didn't mean to write a book there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey I'm new on here too.

I was born in South Africa to Irish parents, schooled in the UK, married an Australia, then spent the last 10 years living in the desert also know as Saudi Arabia. We will eventually end up back living in Oz but when I don't know as we said we were only going to do 5 years in the middle east and it clocked up to 10 years the other month.

Just been reading about Australia's quaramtine laws today but thats a whole different story

1 - 20 of 30 Posts