Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They might as well call this Standard Poodle Heaven, lol. Is there any more people on here that owns toys or minis? :curl-lip:

We need more tiny poodle owners to join!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
They might as well call this Standard Poodle Heaven, lol. Is there any more people on here that owns toys or minis? :curl-lip:

We need more tiny poodle owners to join!
I have one of each MM LOL!

TynkerBell-Small Mini 11 1/2 in 6 lbs

Zoey-toy 9 in 4.5 lbs

Kiara (Ki-ki)- Standard 24 in 42 lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar thought. :curl-lip:
Baxter is a mini! All I've ever owned is toys until Baxter! I'd love a Standard, but I cannot imagine the gromming cost! LOL

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well, I should be getting a mini in the near future. Still searching for a brother for Ponki's and I've finally decided that a miniture would be a better companion for me and for Ponki overall. (I do however absolutely enjoy hearing and seeing everyone's spoos)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hahaha... in 6 weeks, you will likely be overwhelmed with toy pictures as I get to bring my little Zulee home. :D

The days keep getting longer! I even cried during Ice Age 3D when I saw the nursery he made. (It's in the beginning, so that's not a plot crashing comment.)

I know the day will be here sooner than later. I do really enjoy seeing all of the photos and hearing poodle stories.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hahah! I'm so excited for you BFF.... you must be so anxious! I know that once you get little Zulee, this board is going to be buzzing with activity! Can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the photos of her. Yer such a proud momma :)
Your happiness is infectious... Snoops and I feel like WE are getting a new little one!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
LOL! In a way you could be getting a new cousin. It will be fun to introduce them and have Snoops teach her the ropes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here's my poodle mix...Toby he's 7 will be 8 this year. He reigns the couch. I have CHase the spoo puppy too. He's the one I post about the most because he's only 15 weeks old and I've never had a lg breed dog of my own before.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a toy, and a mini poodle.
And yall are not helping my wants of having a Standard. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will hopefully be joining you guys in a few weeks as a miniature poodle owner! (Or owned by a miniature poodle. We'll see lol.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Toy owner

I currently own one 13 year old spoiled rotten male red (pooh). He pretends he doesn't hear us or see, but I notice that every time I crinkle the paper of a cereal box or open an ice cream wrapper, he is RIGHT THERE. I also noticed tonight that as I ate, he followed each bite with his eyes, praying the almighty "food god" would drop a piece of chicken or even a pea.

I raised two toys for my daughter who now has them in her own place, but they visit a lot (Munchkin and Bella). I adore these two poodles: the male is smart and sneaky; the female, tiny, and a real little sister. She eggs on her brother and pesters him until he runs after her, then she squeeks until he gets yelled at. Very cute.

On July 25th I am picking up my very own toy poodle, a little female. I have never owned a dog that I didn't have to share (although my hubby will no doubt do some of the care). I am excited and scared. Haven't had a little pup for awhile.

What do I feed her? What toys do I give her? Help.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Munchkin - welcome to the forum. Nice to see so many new members :)

Congrats on the new addition to your family.. can't wait to see photos! The food question seems to come up often on PF (I've inquired a few times myself)

You will get great advice and lots of info from the members on PF - there are many knowledgeable folks on here. We are a lucky group to have so many people on board here.

As for food - I feed/fed Snoops Royal Canin Puppy 33. A few weeks ago, I started to transition him to adult food. I am now mixing Halo Spots Stew Wholesome Chicken Adult. When I first started with this product, I mentioned that the food looked and smelled delicious! If it smells appetizing to a human, it must be good enough for a poodle!

As for toys - Snoops is very keen on a toy I picked up for him from Baby's R' Us. It's called "Sophie" - a giraffe from France. It's a rubber squeaky toy, made with safe rubber and painted with food coloring. Snoops ADORES Sophie and plays with her all day long. It's kinda pricey for a toy ($23) but I felt it was a great investment.
http://www.sophiegiraffeusa.com/

The Hole-ee Roller looks fun as well... my sister owes Snoops a toy so I think this is on his wish list :)
Picture 2.png

Picture 3.jpg

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hi Munchkin - welcome to the forum. Nice to see so many new members :)

Congrats on the new addition to your family.. can't wait to see photos! The food question seems to come up often on PF (I've inquired a few times myself)

You will get great advice and lots of info from the members on PF - there are many knowledgeable folks on here. We are a lucky group to have so many people on board here.

As for food - I feed/fed Snoops Royal Canin Puppy 33. A few weeks ago, I started to transition him to adult food. I am now mixing Halo Spots Stew Wholesome Chicken Adult. When I first started with this product, I mentioned that the food looked and smelled delicious! If it smells appetizing to a human, it must be good enough for a poodle!

As for toys - Snoops is very keen on a toy I picked up for him from Baby's R' Us. It's called "Sophie" - a giraffe from France. It's a rubber squeaky toy, made with safe rubber and painted with food coloring. Snoops ADORES Sophie and plays with her all day long. It's kinda pricey for a toy ($23) but I felt it was a great investment.
http://www.sophiegiraffeusa.com/

The Hole-ee Roller looks fun as well... my sister owes Snoops a toy so I think this is on his wish list :)
View attachment 2505

View attachment 2506
they carry Sophie the Giraffe at Toys R Us? interesting!

·
Registered
546 Posts
they carry Sophie the Giraffe at Toys R Us? interesting!

Hey Tanner - yes... actually, at Baby's R Us but same difference, right?
They also had the other toys from the same line... I think I will probably get them too! However, one looks like a blue nipple with a smiley face... that may look odd if Snoops is chewing on it. :dont-know:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Toys for Toys

Inca had toys for different stages of her life. When she was travelling alone in her cage, travel bunny looked after her and sleep bunny went in her cage at night until we got a companion for her then both bunnies were redundant. She liked toys with squeaks in them but only to try to destroy the squeak. Now she likes little bumpy balls that she can race wildly around with. We also used to have a toy for her that encouraged her to eat. She was terribly picky with her food but if you gave reindeer any, she quickly came to her dish. Coco is only interested in squeaky rugby balls and she knows the difference between each of her balls. I also have a range of toys for them that encourage them to use their paws and mouths to find treats. The best one is the tornado. It's like a four bladed propeller, three layers deep. Each little compartment contains a treat and the dog has to work out how to get them. I also have a home made toy consisting of four plastic bottles on a rod, each with a treat inside. The dog has to work out how to make the bottles come upside down to drop the treats on the floor. Inca just bats them until they are spinning wildly and the treats fly out. Coco waits for this to happen then pinches the treats. My friend's collie carefully tips the bottles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts