I cannot find them anywhere, loads of rule breaking
I think these rules are pretty doable. where do you want to stick them?* Poodle Forum Rules *
What happens if the rules are broken?
- 1. Each member will treat others members with respect, be tactful, and be courteous, at all times. There is always a proper way to respond to someone. We encourage good discussions, because this is the way we learn and no one will do the same thing as other do. We want members to respond with honest straight-forward opinions, but members needs to refrain from injecting their snarky, degrading personal feelings that adds no value to a post, but causes disruption. If you cannot do this, it will be best that you do not respond to the post at all.
- 2. Each member will solely be held accountable for their own posts or remarks. As with the internet, posts do not contain the feelings that you can project while talking to someone face to face. So be aware that you need to ensure that you project the correct message you want to project. It will not be the responsibility of others to do this. This is solely your responsibility. Please take a few moments before you hit the post button to make sure it this is what you want to say.
- 3. We will have disagreements, from time to time. In many ways, we learn from this, because there is more than one way to do certain things. Having members internationally, almost guarantees that differences will arise. Just because there are differences does not mean it is wrong. Each member that posts a response that is deconstructive or is a personal attack that turns the discussion in an inappropriate fashion will solely be held responsible for their actions. We feel it takes multiple parties for this to happen and we will be force to take actions for each and every party involved in these discussions. This will also include posts that are considered provoking in nature. This will not be tolerated.
- 4. Members will not post any messages or use the private messaging feature to harass, insult, belittle, or threaten another member or guest. If you cannot make your point without resorting to a personal attack then you are not welcome here. This is what we consider as FLAMING. If a user has requested another user to NOT send him/her a PM anymore, you MUST comply with this request. Otherwise, this is called harassment.
- 5. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute among the community. This includes "good-bye" posts stating you are leaving PF or are thinking about leaving PF. Also included are posts stating that another member has left or is thinking about leaving and posts asking where certain members have gone or why they were banned.
Threads/posts that appear to be started for the purpose of creating drama or mischief on the forum will be removed and the member starting such a thread and those whose posts fuel the drama or mischief will be subject to being warned, suspended or banned.
- 6. You will not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site the same message. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count. This is what we consider as Spamming.
- 7. You will not post any messages that are considered obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise violate of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. The Poodle Forum team will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
- 8. You will not post any messages anywhere on this site that are for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, products, email address, business, MLM activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (No Self-Promotion). If you wish to become a forum vendor or sponsor please contact the forum administrator.
You cannot solicit members publicly OR privately for any of the above. Doing so will result in an indefinite suspension of your account.
Do not post links and/or references in signatures, posts or anywhere on PF to other forums, message boards or online communities.
- 9. You will not post any messages that pertain to advertising/selling dogs or puppies (or any other live animal), or advertising/seeking any breeding services such as a stud dog or breeding your bitch. PF does not act as a medium to facilitate breedings, and all such type of threads will be deleted.
- 10. You will not upload, attach or post anything that is known copyright or licensed material unless you have received the permission from the copyright owner.
- 11. You will not create more than one account on Poodleforum.com. Creating duplicate accounts is not permitted, and will result in a permanent ban from the site. If you have a log in or other issues with your account to please contact an administrator instead of creating another account. Protect your password and your account. You are responsible for your account regardless of compromise or stolen password. RE-REGISTRATION after a temporary or permanent ban will result in non-negotiable permanent 'no appeal' ban on all accounts you have created.
- 12. POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. This includes posting matter of a political or religious nature. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Poodleforum.com and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- 13. COMMERCIAL POSTING: Poodleforum.com exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. The sponsors’ ads you do see are for helping us keep the forum up and running free of charge for our members. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Poodleforum.com defines “commercial post” as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial.” Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Poodleforum.com reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent” of the “commercial post” policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.
- 14. Poodleforum.com will not allow promotion of mixed breed fanciers/breeders. If you are cross breeding poodles you are more than welcome to join and discuss poodles with us but we will not tolerate anyone advertising their kennel or services in this line of business. There are hundreds of dogs who need a new home in our local shelters. A large number of the dogs in shelters are purebred, while the rest are cute mixed breeds! We advise anyone who is looking for a dog to always check out your local dog shelter before purchasing a dog.
- 15. AVATARS, SIGNATURES, TITLES AND PROFILES: All terms and conditions of this User Agreement apply to these areas as well. An avatar may contain a commercial name, graphic, logo or picture but it may not contain a URL or hyperlink. Advertising copy is not allowed to be placed in any of these areas.
- 16. CONTROL OF INFORMATION: You acknowledge that Poodleforum.com does not control the information available on the message boards, chat rooms and other user and member-generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors and they are solely liable for their content. Although Poodleforum.com may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, message boards and other user and member-generated pages on this web site, neither Poodleforum.com nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors is under any obligation to do so. Poodleforum.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, message boards or on any other user or member-generated pages. The owners of Poodleforum.com reserve the right to retain or remove any content posted on the site (including images, videos, user information, etc.)
- 17. NO WARRANTY: The member-generated content of this web site contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. They are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither Poodleforum.com nor its affiliates endorse or are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement on the service or the sites.
- 18. Attacks on moderators will not be tolerated (whether in PM or public), and may result in an immediate permanent ban with or without warning. Moderators are volunteers here to serve the community. They are not here for you to take your anger out on because something didn't go your way.
- 19. DO NOT post private messages on PF. Discussions that have taken place in private should not be posted on the public forums unless you have received permission from the user involved to post it.
1st offense - user will receive a PM from myself or a moderator detailing the warning and potentially receive up to a suspension of 7-days on his/her account.
2nd offense - user will receive a PM from myself or a moderator detailing the warning and an automatic 60-day suspension of his/her account.
3rd offense - user will receive a PM from myself or a moderator detailing the warning and an automatic 180-day suspension of his/her account.
4th offense - permanent ban.
Remember: Some of the rules above supersede the process described for users who break rules (i.e. some of the rules call for an immediate suspension/banning of your account if it is broken). Furthermore, the above notes detailing suspensions of a user account are guidelines for the moderators (i.e. we will use our discretion if we believe that a user warrants more/less days in a suspension of his/her account).
I think these rules are pretty doable. where do you want to stick them?