Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Hahah! I opened a parcel the other day that I knew had some things for Rory in it but I’d forgotten that there was a Christmas lamb chop as well as the less visually interesting puzzle toys. He immediately discovered lamb chop (I stopped when he showed interest and he easily opened the box on his own) and I had to go to great lengths to hide him.

No sign of Rory? He’ll be in the spare room, trying to climb the bookcase, searching for his present. (It’s attached to the wall, no risk)

He has done this the last four years - sometimes with his own presents, sometimes with a present for one of his doggy cousins. Apparently I will never learn!

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a weird thing to say, but Peggy really fits in with your home's aesthetic - like maybe she was put in there for a catalog shoot or something like that!
Lol! Love it. I think she looks extra good in our guest room:

She'd look great printed on a throw pillow.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah! I opened a parcel the other day that I knew had some things for Rory in it but I’d forgotten that there was a Christmas lamb chop as well as the less visually interesting puzzle toys. He immediately discovered lamb chop (I stopped when he showed interest and he easily opened the box on his own) and I had to go to great lengths to hide him.

No sign of Rory? He’ll be in the spare room, trying to climb the bookcase, searching for his present. (It’s attached to the wall, no risk)

He has done this the last four years - sometimes with his own presents, sometimes with a present for one of his doggy cousins. Apparently I will never learn!
Haha! At that point, I'd probably just hand Lambchop Over.

Poodle: 1
Human: 0

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
This is a weird thing to say, but Peggy really fits in with your home's aesthetic - like maybe she was put in there for a catalog shoot or something like that!
I just figured that you decorated around her coloring ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just figured that you decorated around her coloring ;)
Wait - do people ever NOT use their pets as inspiration for decorating??? We once selected a carpet color that matched the cat barf that always ended up on it. Oh, and the upholsterer thought I was joking about picking a fabric that matched the cat hair until they delivered the re-upholstered sofa and saw the cats. Now that we have a puppy, we have interlocking foam mats instead of carpet in our living room.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha! We've not actually reassembled much of our decor since bringing Peggy home over a year ago. The living room is still carpetless, her crate dominates the dining area....

This is definitely Peggy's house and we're just living in it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
We once had a Cocker Spaniel who spent the entire month of December lying beside an end table that held the children's Christmas chocolate stocking stuffers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts