Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and also would you guys say the mini is the most popular in size now???? i know not on here as most have stds but i groom and i dont have any stds on my books yet i have tons of minis and toys

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am so lucky to be living with three Standards and it is a blast every day.

They are the sweetest dogs ever.
I was fond of many different breeds before I got a Poodle. Well I am not any more hehe..
I have not met any breed that comes close to the outstanding qualities the Poodle has.

They are easy going, we never wake up before 10 in the morning :p
They move them self, when we go out for a walk they run and run and run. I can just stand there and watch.
My dogs are not expensive to feed since they are more light weight compared to other dogs there size.
THEY DO NOT SHED !!!! Love it...
People love to talk to you about your fancy dogs.
They are easy to train and teaching them to do there business outside is very easy.
They love YOU. You are there world. If you are sick and can't go out for a long walk they love just begin able to spend the day with you.
They are excellent watch dogs. I am never afraid when I am home alone :D
You can make them look the way you want to, they do not have to look like foo foo dogs.
You can go with them to Agility, obedience, therapy work, hunting, tracking, show ring and well just about what your mind allows you to think off..

I love my Poodles :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I am so lucky to be living with three Standards and it is a blast every day.

They are the sweetest dogs ever.
I was fond of many different breeds before I got a Poodle. Well I am not any more hehe..
I have not met any breed that comes close to the outstanding qualities the Poodle has.

They are easy going, we never wake up before 10 in the morning :p
They move them self, when we go out for a walk they run and run and run. I can just stand there and watch.
My dogs are not expensive to feed since they are more light weight compared to other dogs there size.
THEY DO NOT SHED !!!! Love it...
People love to talk to you about your fancy dogs.
They are easy to train and teaching them to do there business outside is very easy.
They love YOU. You are there world. If you are sick and can't go out for a long walk they love just begin able to spend the day with you.
They are excellent watch dogs. I am never afraid when I am home alone :D
You can make them look the way you want to, they do not have to look like foo foo dogs.
You can go with them to Agility, obedience, therapy work, hunting, tracking, show ring and well just about what your mind allows you to think off..

I love my Poodles :)
What Winnow said!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I don't know about the mini being the most popular size. There aren't very many reputable mini breeders out there... at least not on my side of the country. There are many, many toy and standard breeders though...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Minis were decimated in the '70s and '80s by prcd-PRA which caused blindness plus I think larger dogs like Goldens and Labs were more in fashion. Now with smaller dogs becoming all the rage (see how popular the Yorkie has become), I think that the Mini will come back into fashion once again.

I know I want one!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I find it true that good mini breeders are hard to find on the east coast as well. Minis were my poodle of choice for most of my adult life. When I lost my last mini five years ago at age three of immune mediated hemolytic annemia, I searched for a good breeder in the area. I connected with a very good toy breeder, and I rethought my priorities. I now have two of her babies, and I couldn't ask for better dogs. I would still love to see minis make a comeback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts