Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,500 Posts
I am guessing that if your puppy has had two sets of shots, you can probably walk him down the street. I know a lot of people say not to take your dogs to the parks and places like Petco for the fear of catching something. I don't subscribe to that school of though and always took my dogs to the parks and such as soon as I got them (between 8 and 12 weeks of age) before all their shots were finished. Again, it is not recommended, just what I did, with great sucess. :)

Why did you have to carry Chase, does he not like to walk?

Edited to add that my dogs have crazy stamina. I introduced them to the park and they would run/play for about 1 hour in the a.m. and 30 minutes in the p.m. every day since they were 10 and 12 weeks old respectively. When I got my Havanese at 12 weeks and 3.8 lbs he was able to keep up with Romeo (my cream spoo) through the entire 50 minute beach walk, running as much if not more than the spoo.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.