Poodle Forum banner

When looking for homes for your puppies

3649 Views 29 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Cdnjennga
what do you as a breeder look for in the homes? I thought I'd ask the reverse of what to look for in a breeder as there are two sides to every story.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm considered someone with OUT financial security because I'm a college student with a part time job ((That I save every penny from xD)) and I still live with my parents ((until I graduate))

Alot of breeders won't even respond to my emails when I tell them how old I am
because I don't have a "stable" job ((I only have a part time job to buy myself things...my mom pays for everything else v.v; I'm spoiled))
I had one breeder tell me that I'm to young to have a dog of my own AND I don't have a secure job
she was very rude about it

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I could understand though
every single ad on our local classifieds says something like
"We got a puppy then lost our job" or they realized it was more expensive then they thought
so I can understand NEEDING a financially secure home
((I'd call it a home where an income was coming in, I personally don't think the amount coming in matters as long as its enough to own a dog on))
=]]

· Registered
1,947 Posts
of course some of them may have lost their jobs which can't be foreseen
but I'd put money down over half of them never thought of how expensive a dog can be
I'm pretty lucky that I don't have to pay for anything else other than my dog and the upkeep of her, alot of people aren't that lucky

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Thats what I did
I saved for Elphie, it makes me love her just a little bit more
everytime I get upset with her I think of all the dirty loud little kids I put up with every summer to get her and keep her and it makes me less upset v.v;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.