Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,155 Posts
Cbrand - thanks so much for volunteering to participate in this thread :)!!!

I always love to hear both sides of the story since that way everybody can understand each other better and see where are some "fears" coming from and with a GOOD reason. Sometimes when we just put down our opinion it is assumed that it is just an opinion and it actually is a "story" that came with very traumatic experience :smow:

That was a pure nightmare that happened to you with that almost kidnapped puppy :scared: !!!! I also agree about not giving a puppy to a home with undisciplined and rowdy children - no matter how old they are LOL - I think that one can see a LOT by observing children in a family. If parents are not able to have a charge over their own kids - than how they think they will be able to train and take care of demanding breed such as a poodle ???!!!! On the other hand - combination of loving and calm kids with a puppy is some of the most rewarding relationships for both dogs and kids :)

I have one question - how do you define an "aloof" puppy ? What are the most obvious traits ??? And in what environment that puppy will not thrive ?What is the "best match" for such a puppy ???

Thanks

· Registered
2,155 Posts
"Nothing could be further from the truth. I could have sold 3-4 full litters this year. There just aren't any puppies on the ground and I'm sending buyers out of state."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not the case here in CA - but we have many more poodle breeders here ...

A lot of them have puppies of great quality that are still looking for homes even at half price...

Cbrand - I know that you mean well when you direct people "out of state" - but many take your information as "recommendation" and I think they do not than do thorough research and ask a lot of questions that should be asked. It is especially tricky for a "pet" buyer who might end up with "not " the best deal. I mean this in the MOST FRIENDLY WAY :):):). Just the thought... I know I respect your insights !!!! I am just afraid that some might go to "listed" breeders without doing their "due diligence" *sigh..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.