Poodle Forum banner

When looking for homes for your puppies

3655 Views 29 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Cdnjennga
what do you as a breeder look for in the homes? I thought I'd ask the reverse of what to look for in a breeder as there are two sides to every story.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also have a question. How do you determine someone's financial security? What one person views security another might not. How can you label something like that? I'm going to be doing my own dog grooming so obviously that's not even an issue but there are a lot of people that might not think I have enough income or even time to own one of their dogs because we have a one income family and have young children.

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm considered someone with OUT financial security because I'm a college student with a part time job ((That I save every penny from xD)) and I still live with my parents ((until I graduate))

Alot of breeders won't even respond to my emails when I tell them how old I am
because I don't have a "stable" job ((I only have a part time job to buy myself things...my mom pays for everything else v.v; I'm spoiled))
I had one breeder tell me that I'm to young to have a dog of my own AND I don't have a secure job
she was very rude about it
It's really unfair for someone to pass judgement without knowing the person and fully knowing their situation.

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are unforseen circumstances that could and do happen to anyone. You can't predict the future when it comes to jobs. People have been laid off after serving a company faithfully for 20 years. I don't ever believe that a job is 100% secure unless you have a contract that will pay you if you have to be let go.

A lot of those ads are just excuses to get rid of the dog though but in this economy I could see it happening more and more. Which is probably why breeders should cut back on how much they are breeding because if they have an income security criteria for pet homes, now isn't a good time to need plentiful pet homes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.