Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,346 Posts
I take you've gotten all those 1-4 lists on the phone before, Carol? I think your method of getting to know people for your dogs is great :D what was so horrible that happened to make you have to retrieve the puppy? Did the experience make you more careful about your screening process?

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Wow. o_o That's was scary, I would have been a mess if someone did that, what nerve do people have? Do they seriously think they can get away with things like that? So I take it he was returned safely then, did you rehome him?

· Registered
5,346 Posts
I think in someways people who are financially well off self select me as a breeder. Lets face it.... my dogs are expensive and I don't take payments or credit cards. Right off the bat, someone would have to be able to write me a check. This means that they have the disposable income to do so or they were able to save the money.

Poodles are expensive dogs to own. Most people don't groom their own dogs and in our area in costs at least $75 to groom a Standard. It is important to me that a family can bare that expense. I also want to be sure that families can afford training, boarding and medical costs in the future.
Yeah, poodles are expensive to buy and to own. I'm currently putting half of my tips every pay period in a little box labeled 'Poodle Fund' so I'll be able to pay for my dog in cash next year hopefully (or a large chunk paid for.) And I'm a groomer so that won't be a problem for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.