Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing some classes on Fenzi and saw one about surviving adolescence :) I noticed though that it said 18-24 months. I am definitely seeing some changes in overall behavior for Tekno now and seeing a peak of his adult personality. I know Toys mature faster but is it really nearly 3x as fast, Tekno just turned 7 months. What do you guys think? When did your Toy's adolescence roughly begin and their adult personality begin settling in?

Reactions: Ava.

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
That sounds like a class for older adolescents, and there are definitely some behaviour challenges specific to that range. Even for small dogs. Our trainer’s “teen classes” start at 22 weeks and end at 2 years.

I would consider toys deep into adolescence by 7 months.

·
Premium Member
13,225 Posts
I reckon my toy dogs adolescence started at around 7 months with the first Why??, built up to I-don't-have-to-do-what-you-say by around 9 months, and was pretty well over at 14-16 months. Although these days Sophy takes advantage of being 12 years old and knowing all there is to know about everything to argue the toss better than any human teenager!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Winnie is a mini and I think I noticed it from about 7 months. She is nearly 9 months old now and although she is probably still in adolescence I have noticed she is acting more grown up and not so much a rebellious teen. She may have the odd moment where she tries to challenge us but not so much with things she already knows but more with situations she isn't used to yet so we can't put it all down to teen phase. On the whole she is a pretty chilled out dog.

·
Premium Member
6,982 Posts
Just wait, adolescence is just around the corner, mine all matured around the age of two years accept Beatrice rock steady and mature at 11 months, she was a bit of a monster as a puppy but I will never count her, as the norm. Bea is old before her time at 7 years acts like an elderly dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts