Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What age do mini' stop growing abouts? She is 9 inches at 4 months 2 days, so I wondered if she is actually a toy instead? breder said mini, but she didn't tell em she was a silver nor did she tell me about some other things, so now I'm not sure.

I did see both parents, they WERE mini's, so can you get toy's frm a mini mom and dad?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If she is 9" at 4 months, she is certainly going to be a mini and not a toy. Toys are 10" and under and your baby is still very young, she will grow some more and fill out as well. No puppy stops growing at 4 months, she just might be on the small end of the mini standard (minis are anything over 10" and no more than 15"). I would ask her breeder, but how tall are her parents?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
What age do mini' stop growing abouts? She is 9 inches at 4 months 2 days, so I wondered if she is actually a toy instead? breder said mini, but she didn't tell em she was a silver nor did she tell me about some other things, so now I'm not sure.

I did see both parents, they WERE mini's, so can you get toy's frm a mini mom and dad?
Usually for small dogs they reach adult height sooner than larger breeds. (6-12) Depending on breed bloodline etc...

Yes you can get a toy from mini parents poodle sizes are just separated by variety and not breed. This is how red standard poodles came about. They where bred up from miniatures.

If The pup you have does not grow over 10 inches at the withers then she is a Toy

·
Registered
183 Posts
My previous miniature had a miniature mom and dad but one of the grandparents was

a toy and he was smallish for a miniature but a miniature nontheless.

Your pup will grow another 3 months of so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts