Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does not look at your dogs teeth ?

I know some judges want the handler or owner to show teeth due to health risks, but what does it mean when the judge does not ask nor looks.

My sister and I thing the judge just did not want to look because she was not liking him when she first saw him :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Does not look at your dogs teeth ?

I know some judges want the handler or owner to show teeth due to health risks, but what does it mean when the judge does not ask nor looks.

My sister and I thing the judge just did not want to look because she was not liking him when she first saw him :eek:hwell:
Was this at an AKC show ?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes they should you have paid for that right. To be judged that is That is why I wondered if it was AKC

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We only show AKC now

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
So did the judge look at everyone elses teeth? Man I would be super p o 'd
I would think that you could file a complaint ..Unless for some reason you are disqualified they should judge your dog the same as the others in the ring .

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So did the judge look at everyone elses teeth? Man I would be super p o 'd
I would think that you could file a complaint ..Unless for some reason you are disqualified they should judge your dog the same as the others in the ring .
She looked at everyone elses I believe and tried to look at Argons teeth.

I just never thought about it until now. My sister told me she did not look at his teeth.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That isn't right. Must be something you can do to file a complaint. Everyone should be judged with the same criteria. I would be very upset if they did that to one of my dogs.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
That isn't right. Must be something you can do to file a complaint. Everyone should be judged with the same criteria. I would be very upset if they did that to one of my dogs.
I am with you on this for sure I would be very upset as well.. You pay for the right to show and be judged. You did not get what you paid for .

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am with you on this for sure I would be very upset as well.. You pay for the right to show and be judged. You did not get what you paid for .

How do you file a complaint ?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Go to AKC.ORG and look around surely there is a judges area Or call AKC and Ask. I would be pretty upset if I were you . That judge had no right to skip over you for any reason other that to dissmiss you for a huge disqualifying fault..

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go to AKC.ORG and look around surely there is a judges area Or call AKC and Ask. I would be pretty upset if I were you . That judge had no right to skip over you for any reason other that to dissmiss you for a huge disqualifying fault..
Yeah when my sister told me last night i was like WTH ? because I watched the judge look at the other dogs teeth. Its like she saw Enzo's color and just did not look at him the same way she did not other poodles.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Definitely make a complaint and annotate where in line you were when the judge was judging.

Edited; On looking at the judges rules in their manual it says this;
"Evaluating a Dog’s Mouth Many exhibitors prefer to
open their dog’s mouth themselves for examination.
However, you have the authority to personally open the
dog’s mouth.
Do not forget your personal safety. All dogs are not
handled by experienced exhibitors.
• Do not kneel in front of a dog.
• Do not hover over a dog.
• Do not bend over face to face with a dog.
• Do not bend over cheek to cheek with a dog.
• Do not take the lead from a handler.
Practice performing as much of the examination as
possible from the side without making your face vulnerable."
http://www.akc.org/pdfs/rulebooks/REJ999.pdf

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah when my sister told me last night i was like WTH ? because I watched the judge look at the other dogs teeth. Its like she saw Enzo's color and just did not look at him the same way she did not other poodles.
Since I have been showing, the judges have always looked at my dogs teeth. Only one time did the judge ask me to show the teeth for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts