Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already got 1 of the 2 that I'd like which is my african grey parrot (remember I'm not counting poodles). I will put up pic's of my critters one of these days. But the other is one I've wanted since I was 8 years old. A horse!
Unfortunately I've had enough years to narrow it down to one particular breed and possible breeder. Akhal-Teke - Home
Sigh...

Anyone else have a Dream Pet?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Hm.. besides dogs there's not many things I think I'd want? Maybe a couple chickens, I don't know. :)
Why chickens? So you can eggsploit them?

I can't think of any. If I could get any other pet at this very moment, I think it would be a toss-up between a powder puff crested and an Abyssinian cat. Or hey, as long as we're just wishing, maybe both. :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Eggs would be a bonus.. because I KNOW they would be free ranged eggs, obviously..

But I think they're cute C: I'd want a fancy chicken though.

Hi, I'm a fancy chicken.

OOOH! I know what my other dream pet would be. A falcon ^^ I'd LOVE to hunt with a falcon!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I once saw a falconer and his bird in Dubai. It was awesome! I remember wanting one then.

Couldn't have one now because Teddy would probably annoy him so much that he would carry him off somewhere and I'd never see him again. :D

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Besides dogs in general and standard poodles specifically, my "other" dream pet would also be equines (we have two, a QH and a Suffolk Punch) Their pictures are here: http://www.poodleforum.com/8-other-animals/3889-horses.html

I've always had cats too - which I love; and tried rabbits and cockatiels which weren't as glamorous as I had first hoped :lol: I've decided caged pets aren't my cup of tea and probably won't ever get another caged animal again as mine pass away - but bring on the dogs, cats and horses and I'm a happy girl!!

Barb

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also have an African Grey which has always been one of my dream pets. I would love to have a horse one day and have always wanted one. Other than that I just love dogs and always plan to have one lol.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I love birds, and rats, and rabbits, and and and.... but I'm sorta over caged animals now, I still have 3 rats, but I don't think I'll get any more for a while once they're gone (omg! 14 years of owning rats and I'm thinking of no more!??? Ugh)

I also love horses, and have had my wee boy for 12 years now, but I got him when we had our own land, now that he's grazing elsewhere I'm not in any desire to get another any time soon, though I can see myself being tempted if we get any land oneday.

Another animal I'd be tempted to get if we go back to a farm is goats. A pair of nubian milkers and I'd be in heaven, I *do* really really miss hand milking my cow every day, and I miss her soooo much and cry every time I go to visit still, but I don't *really* want the hassle of a cow or two either. A goat or two would suit me nicely though...

But dogs are my love and passion.

·
Registered
875 Posts
so this may seem nuts, but I always have wanted (although I know they don't exist) a miniature killer whale, like small enough to fit in an aquarium :eek:hwell::bird::eek:hwell:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Marian, I also have secret longings for a powder puff crested... I think they are adorable, and I've also seen them kick butt in Obedience and agility.

I live in a city that doesn't allow them, but I would love to join the urban chicken movement and get a couple of layers. We eat a lot of eggs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'ts great to see that I'm not the only one who suffers from MPS (Multiple PET Syndrome). I prefer pets that don't have to be caged all the time, hence no fish in my future.
Winnow, what kind of snake are you thinking of. I use to have a Mexican Kingsnake. Lovely temperment.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
I would love to be able to grow my family of cats and dogs - and to keep horses again. Perhaps miniature horses, or a pair of Welsh Mountain ponies to drive ... ah well, next time around perhaps ....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would love a squirrel AND a chipmunk. They are too cute. Of coarse I would not want the fleas and mess, but I think they are adorable. My dream horse is a Gypsy Vanner (huge long manes and tails and feet), My dream Cat is a Selkirk Rex (poodley fur), And my dream bird would be a Yellow Naped Amazon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Besides dogs and cats (which I'll always have), I would love to get some goats! My parents are thinking about getting a couple minis in a few years. One of my good friends breeds them and her goats are GORGEOUS! Wonderful temperaments too.
I used to foster small exotics (mainly sugar gliders and chinchillas) so I might get back in to that if I'm ever healthy enough again. I was one of the few foster homes willing to take in special needs and I know many people don't have that kind of time/knowledge.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My other dog breed is Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. However, that won't happen until my kids are out of the house, since they are both terribly allergic to dogs (it's a challenge to continue having our short-haired dog in the house, especially when she is shedding a whole lot like right now). Having a poodle for them has been nice.
We are all allergic to cats, and I can't handle litter dust (even the crystal kind).
My husband is anti-rodents and I'm anti-reptile/amphibian, although my kids keep eyeing the chameleons at the pet store, and I'd be OK with a chameleon, since I have non-pet geckos in my house (it's Hawaii, they are good luck, and they eat bugs!).

Once we are settled somewhere for good, we want to get a salt water aquarium. Right now, we have two mutant goldfish and an upside-down catfish, so we'll have to see.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts