Discussion Starter #1
Is it...

*Biking?
*Jogging?
*Playing Fetch?
*Swimming?
*Walking?
*Other? (Please explain)

I enjoy Jogging, and Walking with mine. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Since Sam got sick we haven't done much but we are working to get him back into shape. I've never jogged with him, I don't think he'd make it very far, LOL!

But he loves to go for walks, he goes hiking with us, and he loves to play fetch. His favorite and ours is hiking, especially where there are lots of streams to romp in.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since Sam got sick we haven't done much but we are working to get him back into shape. I've never jogged with him, I don't think he'd make it very far, LOL!

But he loves to go for walks, he goes hiking with us, and he loves to play fetch. His favorite and ours is hiking, especially where there are lots of streams to romp in.
Oh hiking sounds like fun! :D

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I like to walk mine to the park and then off leash in the park field. We take the bike trail on the way home.

I need to find a good hiking trail with a stream. The boys would love that.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Fetching a tennis ball at home and at the dog park. I love to watch him jump but heard that I should avoid it until he's fully grown.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We halfway play fetch with Maddie, she just doesn't like to bring the
ball or toy back to us, lol!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fetch with a chuck-it behind a local elementary school for a half hour each morning is Marley's main exercise. We learned pretty early on that we couldn't throw the ball far enough or long enough with just our arms. He then gets a walk in the evening. On one of the weekend days, we usually go for a hike instead of the chuck-it session.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
ohhh what's a chuck it - i can't throw the ball anymore and mine love to fetch - I would love a way to play with them. Otherwise they love to walk and a walk in the woods off leash they love also but havent done it in a while cause Ginger gets into trouble lol

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Found a new dog park about 15 miles away - we went and they didn't run around much - too busy sniffing and there werent any other dogs there. Want them to run and play! lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
ohhh what's a chuck it - i can't throw the ball anymore and mine love to fetch - I would love a way to play with them. Otherwise they love to walk and a walk in the woods off leash they love also but havent done it in a while cause Ginger gets into trouble lol
Here's the webpage for the chuck-it:

http://www.caninehardware.com/products/chuckit/chuckit.html

We have the chuck-it ultra; we do a *lot* of chucking, and found it easier on our hands than the regular chuck-it. Plus, we like the ball that comes with the chuck-it ultra better, though you can buy chuck-it ultra balls separately and use them with the regular chuck-it. In fact, you can use any tennis-ball sized ball in a chuck-it. We've seen other people in our neighborhood with the chuck-it jr.; they don't throw quite as far, but that's probably good in some cases (small area, or dog won't go that far), and they are smaller. I don't know anything about the chuck-it mini or the chuck-it pocket.

For reference, our poodle is a miniature, but he does fine with a tennis sized ball, and though I can throw pretty far (and my partner even farther), we can't throw it so far that Marley can't track it.

You can buy them online, or most pet stores seem to carry them.

And I swear, I have no connection to this company, or any pet company for that matter! :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Found a new dog park about 15 miles away - we went and they didn't run around much - too busy sniffing and there werent any other dogs there. Want them to run and play! lol
Our dog parks are definitely busiest at the pre-work and post-work times.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just to be clearer... you use pretty much the same throwing motion with a chuck-it as you would with just an arm -- what the chuck-it does is make it easier, and lets you throw much farther. It's somewhat similar to a lacrosse stick, but it's plastic and has a place to hold a ball.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you can't throw, I've seen a contraption at Menards that works just like a crossbow, but it throws tennis balls. I have no idea what brand it was or anything though. We use a chuck it jr. occasionally but I'm not completely thrilled with it, I'd like to find a ball the same size as a tennis ball but a little heavier so its easier to throw further.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you can't throw, I've seen a contraption at Menards that works just like a crossbow, but it throws tennis balls. I have no idea what brand it was or anything though. We use a chuck it jr. occasionally but I'm not completely thrilled with it, I'd like to find a ball the same size as a tennis ball but a little heavier so its easier to throw further.
Try a lacrosse ball. It's heavier than a tennis ball, and it fits in our chuck-it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts