Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products do you use for bathing your dogs, and why? I've seen mentioned some people use conditioner, or leave-in conditioner, or other products for XX reason.

Currently I'm using up the rest of the Puppy shampoo we have now, and want to switch to somethine that will be better for the poodles coats. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'm going to finish up this shampoo I bought from Petco called Finishing Touch and then move to The Coat Handler because the dilute is good and I want to get more for my money. I have used Chris Christensen conditioner after shampoo and rinse really well and love that. I don't really use a leave-in conditioner because my dog's hair isn't long enough and he's a pet. I have it but just don't really use it. I think certain conditioners are fabulous because they literally cut your drying time down.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well, it depends upon the coat type and skin type of the dog on which shampoo, conditioner and other products I use on any one of my six poodles. Also repeated use of the same product causes buildup. For a general use a good oatmeal shampoo and conditioner will suffice.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm using this average shampoo that I got from Petco (Finishing Touch Whitening shampoo). I don't like it too much, but it isn't bad or anything. I want to switch shampoos soon but figure I'll finish up this bottle. I want to get my hands on some Chris Christensen shampoo, personally. :)

I do use Miracle Coat Leave In Conditioner though, LOVE it. I put it on before I blow dry him and it makes his coat really soft and silky, smells great too. It keeps tangles away too, his hair stays beautiful for much longer after the bath.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh where do you get the Miracel coat?

Tsuki's coat is super curly.. her topknot doesnt stay very straight for very long (when she's groomed she's dryed with an air force dryer) and clumps together (not matted, but looks kinda like dreads lol). Both dogs I had shaved around October because of their puppy coats, and Lincoln is growing back in still a tangled mess. Arrrgghhh

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Vinnie gets bathed in the Chris Christensen White on White (worked into the coat well for a few minutes) then the Chris Christensen After Bath Rinse conditioner (this is also worked into the coat for several minutes). After the bath, he is towel dried so he is not dripping and then I spray down his coat with Chris Christensen Ice On Ice. Yep... I LOVE the CC products!!!

I think Vinnie's coat is changing right now - his hair is getting more curly around his head/neck and over his hips, but it's still soft around his ribs/abdomen. He gets groomed about every 10 days and I brush him daily and I think his coat is handling the change really well. I think the CC products really help. I keep his coat fairly long - he's probably almost two inches right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts