Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Benjamin Franlkin - Senior Tpoo, Apple Butter - mpoo puppy
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since losing our oldest and first family dog this week, I've been thinking about all of the great things we did together in her lifetime.

I read an article about the top 10 dog hikes in our state, and it inspired me to get out of the house and go on one of those walks. It helped me feel so much better and got me thinking about all of the things I want to do with Apple Butter in her lifetime. To make sure we do all of these things, I'm making a bucket list for Apple Butter.

So far on her bucket list, she wants to:

1. Eat dinner on a dog friendly patio.
2. Earn her TKN.
3. Earn her TKI.
4. Earn her CGC.
5. Visit every single state park. All 66 of them.
6. Have a dog birthday party with a dog birthday cake.
7. Learn to run an agility course.

What would your poodles put on their bucket lists?

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
Galen would like to help a border collie chase Canada geese off a golf course. (I think this wish will probably go unfulfilled.)

He would like many play dates with dogs that know how to rock n roll.

I'm not sure how he feels about formal training classes, since he only had one in his teens.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Topper would like to get to know the bunnies that play in the yard at night. He also would like to chase squirrels, tear up the grass in the yard and dig holes. He may may be too little to know what else to put on his list, but I have plenty of ideas for adventures I want to share with him:
  • Hike to the Boundary Waters lake he was named after.
  • Play ball on the gravel driveway and romp on the trails at our rustic retreat in the Superior National Forest.
  • Spend time with friends once we're vaccinated.
  • Go canoeing and kayaking.
  • Play with our agility equipment in the back yard and at my niece's house.
  • Have snacks at an outdoor dog-friendly cafe.
  • Meet horses, cows, pigs and chickens at the riding stable (note - we ride only the horses)
  • Try a Barn Hunt and chasing a lure.
I'm sure there will be more!

·
Registered
Benjamin Franlkin - Senior Tpoo, Apple Butter - mpoo puppy
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Galen would like to help a border collie chase Canada geese off a golf course.
Apple had her first run in with a bunch of geese and she was NOT a fan. Okay. Maybe she was a fan of their poop. But the birds themselves were scary scary death machines of pure hatred. Lol

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,822 Posts
Galen would like to help a border collie chase Canada geese off a golf course. (I think this wish will probably go unfulfilled.)
My brother-in-law’s dog had this job. He was a catahoula mix, fittingly named “Goose.” :)

I’m not sure Peggy has a bucket list. She’s more of a seize-the-day kinda gal. But we’ll see how her first camping trip goes in May. If it’s a success, I expect she’ll be eager for more adventures.

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
Apple had her first run in with a bunch of geese and she was NOT a fan. Okay. Maybe she was a fan of their poop. But the birds themselves were scary scary death machines of pure hatred. Lol
That's why there needs to be a border collie on this adventure. Galen runs and barks; the border collie stops the geese from beating Galen up.

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts
But the birds themselves were scary scary death machines of pure hatred.
This is how Bella views the clippers. She does and doesn't want me to finish clipping off her winter coat 😱 which I'm doing over a period of days b/c they quickly overheat. Her body must have known there would be snow, b/c her coat has been unusually thick. Girlfriend is ready to have her nearly naked birthday suit look again.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Normie is obsessed with robins. So slipping the leash and giving chase (or having me run along with him) when he spots one on a walk would be his #1.

That is not #1 on my list.
Felix the same—he pretty much ignores the juncos, chickadees, nuthatches and sparrows that visit my feeders, and he’ll watch the hummingbirds zoom around the yard, but DEATH TO ROBINS!!! They’re right up there with squirrels on his Yard Enemies list.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Since losing our oldest and first family dog this week, I've been thinking about all of the great things we did together in her lifetime.

I read an article about the top 10 dog hikes in our state, and it inspired me to get out of the house and go on one of those walks. It helped me feel so much better and got me thinking about all of the things I want to do with Apple Butter in her lifetime. To make sure we do all of these things, I'm making a bucket list for Apple Butter.

So far on her bucket list, she wants to:

1. Eat dinner on a dog friendly patio.
2. Earn her TKN.
3. Earn her TKI.
4. Earn her CGC.
5. Visit every single state park. All 66 of them.
6. Have a dog birthday party with a dog birthday cake.
7. Learn to run an agility course.

What would your poodles put on their bucket lists? View attachment 474495
I feel sure that Felix’s list would include:

• Unlimited access to the kitchen
  • A large box filled with used shoes and socks
  • a 5 mile long leash
  • That I should take a (non-existent) job as manager of an off-leash dog park, which would be his backyard
*A microphone with a loudspeaker to broadcast his barking to the neighborhood!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cody's bucket list, at the ripe old age of 9.5 months, is probably something like:
  • Catch a squirrel
  • Meet 6-8 year old children who really want a puppy to grab their winter hat off their head by it's pom-pom
  • To defeat the doorbell, once and for all
  • To run off leash on the golf course

My list for him - he's so young, I feel weird calling it a bucket list:
  • Camping
  • Agility
  • Way more hikes
  • Swim
  • The beach!

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Poppy's list:
Chase chickens
Get unlimited access to the cats' food bowls
Eat lots and lots and LOTS of chicken - even more than she already gets!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Being able to reach the counter tops and table top are definitely on Remy's bucket list. Hopefully, as a mini, this dream will never come true.
Well, Ruger is a mini and he manages to reach any items on the countertop that are close to the edge. He is only 5 month, so I expect his skills to get better LOL.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Violet’s bucket list (today’s edition): go to work with mom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts