Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I watched Russian Doll, and it was incredible. It's edgy, brilliant, really funny, and a like a contemporary version of Ground Hogs Day. I feasted on both seasons in two days.

What have you watched lately that you really liked?

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
I just watched Expedition happiness, really good, and there’s a dog in it ! It’s a documentary of two people travelling through north america in a transformed school bus with their dog. A lot happens to the poor dog.

Also Jane (Jane Goodall). I’d seen parts of it in an older documentary but it’s always interesting.

On CBS I’m watching Madam secretary. Good too, but not new. There are 3 seasons I think and I’m on season 1.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Love this thread, I’m always looking for recommendations!

I just watched A Girl in the River which was an excellent documentary featuring a young woman in Pakistan whose family attempted to kill her as an honor killing. They shot her and dumped her in the river...but she survived. In spite of the fact that she survived , it is not a feel good movie and deeply disturbing on many levels, but boy, it is powerful.

I also just watched The Human Stain based on a book by Philip Roth. It’s an older movie but I never saw it and highly recommend. Anthony Hopkins stars.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs! I heard NPR’s Fresh Air interview with the Coen Brothers and was resolved to see it. It’s actually six short films set in the Wild West. I can’t stop thinking about it because some of the endings were so unexpected, disturbing or quirky.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Bodyguard is outstanding if you can deal with the lead actor's thick Scottish accent. He is fabulous!

Designated Survivor with Keifer Sutherland...fascinating and really great acting. Interesting twists and turns and gives a person much to think about.

Poppy, for some reason, enjoys anything related to WWII and watches war movies and especially tank movements with great fascination. Sooooo, we watch some WWII stuff occasionally. She is not at all interested in wars from more recent times....thank goodness.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not new, but I really like the series Shetland. Great scenery, fun accents, interesting murder-mystery plots.

Viking Queen, your pup's liking of WW2 movies is too funny!

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I love those Scandinavian series, Bonus Family, Dicte, Borderland. I may never get to visit those places and they are good story lines. Embarrassing that Swedes, Danes and Finns can turn on a dime and speak perfect English as compared to us. Good to know everyone understands O.K.

·
Super Moderator
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I watched an extremely good movie on Netflix the other night titled, "The Highwaymen", staring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson, with Kathy Bates. It's a 2019 remake of the story of Bonnie & Clyde, but it's about the efforts of the two Texas Rangers to catch them.

Now, this isn't normally the kind of movie I'd be attracted to, but wow! The acting and script were fabulous, packed with wisdom, adventure, and the strange history of the Great Depression times where the public hated banks so much that many didn't care about the innocents gunned down by Bonnie & Clyde.

Hope you like it as much as I did; it's one of the few movies I will watch twice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts