Poodle Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Registered
My husband is a big fan of Kim's Convenience, which is currently airing in Canada on CBC. (Past seasons are available on American Netflix).

He's American but I consider him an honourary Canadian just based on how much he adores CBC programming. More than most Canadians, to be honest. 馃槀 He actually did a whole series of Kim's Convenience fan art, which got so much attention he was hired by the show's producers to create some more.
Get out!! That鈥檚 amazing!!

Registered
When you said 'my favorite aria' I thought of the exact same thing. The last opera that we saw was the Magic Flute. I also go for Papageno.

Have you tried Mozart in the Jungle on Prime? The soundtracks are really good.
Wow, now I have another show to watch. Thanks. Magic Flute is perfect for this era of COVID. The music is divine, some arias are extremely challenging and gorgeous with a very silly plot. Pure joy.

The Great British Baking Shows are eye candy for me. I yearned for their oven that has a door that lowers and slides back under the oven. Until one panicked baker grabbed too hard and pulled hers off. She had to sit and hold the oven door in place until her bake finished. I yearn no more!
I remember that episode. I wish I had their talent and depth of baking knowledge. Can you imagine baking under a tent with appliances that aren鈥檛 your own, dealing with variable outdoor temperature and humidity, camera crews, nosy comedians, competitors and baking such wonderful treats? I鈥檓 amazed at their talent.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #64
What We Do In The Shadows, on Hulu.

I was dubious when a family member recommended this comedy vampire series. I had never heard of nor seen a comedy about vampires, and nearly as a rule, not into vampire genre.

However, it quickly became my favorite series of 2020. It's ridiculous, light, and funny, and gets funnier as you progress, a perfect escape from the plethora of bad news in the media. The setting is a spooky-looking old house occupied by four vampires and a familar who is the servant of one of them in the hope of becoming a vampire. There are unexpected twists and turns with his character development!

And you learn in one of the early episodes that one of the four vampires is not a blood sucker, no, he's a "Energy Vampire" and perfectly fine in the sunlight, enabling him to have a 9 to 5 office job. OMG that gets funnier and funnier, and you can relate b/c who hasn't known a real life energy vampire at work? That storyline also branches out and gets wild, but I won't give away more than that. The characters and story are well developed; I give it an A+.

Super Moderator
Peggy! No! I had no idea there was an original movie! Thanks for the tip!
I was practically rolling on the floor watching Taika Waititi in this. I work with a lot of Germans, and OMG does he capture the "I'm trying to be helpful and friendly, but I don't quite know how to relate to you" mannerism.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts