Poodle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just saw that HBO is offering free streaming of some of their programming. My local tv channel carried the HBO twitter feed on this. Hoping that I can figure out how to do this as I’ve just switched to broadband to enable streaming.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
I just found a whole bunch of operas online. Since my beloved Lyric Opera of Chicago is shut down I've been lost. My husband and I watched Turandot over the weekend. My husband has decided he loves watching opera on the sofa with a cat on his lap and a bag of Cheetos. It wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon. At first we just watched and listened like we were at the opera. Then we realized we were at home. So we were both yelling commentary at the screen. "Listen to your dad! Don't hit the gong, dummy!" We had the best time doing that.

We are also watching Tiger King. It's not all highbrow at our house, that's for sure.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I just found a whole bunch of operas online. Since my beloved Lyric Opera of Chicago is shut down I've been lost. My husband and I watched Turandot over the weekend. My husband has decided he loves watching opera on the sofa with a cat on his lap and a bag of Cheetos. It wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon. At first we just watched and listened like we were at the opera. Then we realized we were at home. So we were both yelling commentary at the screen. "Listen to your dad! Don't hit the gong, dummy!" We had the best time doing that.

We are also watching Tiger King. It's not all highbrow at our house, that's for sure.
Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
We watched The Royal Opera House perform Turando on YouTube of all places.
The aria Nessun Dorma is in this opera. (For those of you without the patience, scroll to 1:28.08) There are a whole lot of operas on YouTube and on Amazon Prime, it turns out. Probably enough to keep me going until the Lyric Opera of Chicago reopens. And honestly, eating snacks, while heckling the decisions the characters made like we were the old guys in the Muppet Show, was absolutely delightful. "Don't fall in love with Turandot! What is the matter with you?"

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Just finished Unorthodox and that was excellent. I also watched Tiger King a while ago. Caught up on Call the Midwife.

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
I broke down and binged Tiger King, because everyone is talking about it. The cult like collection of misfits, both Joe Exotic and his nemesis, the “rescue/sanctuary” owner Carole Baskin managed to enthrall and put to work was very interesting. I couldn’t help noticing the parallels to puppy mills and some breed rescue operators.

I am one of the only people who didn’t watch Game of Thrones when everyone was talking about it and now is my chance. Hope the Coronavirus curve will be flattened when I finish it, also that I live to finish it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I definitely want to watch Unorthodox. I live in Michigan. My sisters live in Colorado. One of them married a Jewish man and converted to Judaism about 20 years ago (but not orthodox). She has since gotten divorced.

My sisters and I are watching the same movie in different states, and commenting back and forth via text message during and after the movie. Almost, but definitely not quite like watching together:)

Last week we watched "East Side Sushi " together that way. Absolutely delightful:) Combination of English, Spanish, and Japanese:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I like the Kims too. We watched 'Tootsie' on Nexflix last night. Everyone looked so young.

I've just finished a season of 'The Great British Baking Show.' Food shows make me hungry so I have to time this one right.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I am searching ideas for super funny movies . One of my sisters is refusing to watching anything else!

One I love is "The Gods Must Be Crazy". But we have watched it so many times :)
Others?

·
Premium Member
9,565 Posts
Love Wedding Repeat was amusing on Netflix and new. British ensemble cast reminiscent of Death at a Funeral, which was even funnier. I still laugh when I see snippets of it. In other categories, Billions, on Showtime will be back soon with a new season. Binge to catch up. Looking forward to “RUN” on HBO, a comedy thriller. First episode was yesterday?!

·
Registered
263 Posts
After reading the Outlander series of books I was skeptical of the series but its really good. Its on amazon prime Ive not started watching series 5 yet.

Ricky Gervais in After Life will hit a chord with anyone thats lost a loved one. Series 2 coming up on netflix end of this month.

Hannibal on netflix is gruesome in places but is the full story of Hannibal Lecter.

Orange is the New Black on Netflix is all about relationships rather than serving prison time roughly based on true experience, more for women viewing Id say. 7 series of that.

2 old series that have just come up on Netflix are Dinnerladies and Vicar of Dibley, 2 UK sitcoms

·
Registered
334 Posts
I haven’t been on Netflix for a while but thought I’d go back on. Thought I’d get into a bit of binge watching 😆 I am definitely giving tiger king a watch and the crown.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I've been totally enthralled by Money Heist (I prefer the original name Casa de Papel). It is maybe the best series I've ever seen. Incredible suspense and action and emotional roller coaster.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts