Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

Registered
We're watching Monty Don gardening shows on Netflix at night to relax. But they leave Netflix on March 23. So I'll have to look around for other places to stream. Or revert to House Hunters.

My self-indulgence is an Aussie night-time soap called 'All Saints' on Hulu. And I'll probably re-subscribe to Acorn to rewatch my all-time favorite "No Offence." I see that they have 'Slings & Arrows' so that will probably be our new nightly fix.

Super Moderator
Jane the Virgin was the most unexpected treat! It hadn't interested me for years and I have no idea what convinced me to finally give it a shot. So refreshing! Funny, sweet, clever....the perfect show for right now.

I've been saving the final season for a special occasion. This might be it. :)

(The whole series is currently on Netflix.)

Registered
The next season of Ozark is out on the 27th on Netflix. Time to rewatch the first two seasons.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
I started watching Tiger King on Netflix, and man oh man, it's just crazy! I can see why it's trending #1 on Netflix this week. You keep expecting that sanity and normalcy will step in, but it just gets nuttier - and it's a real story with the real people who truly live on the fringe, filmed over a period 5+ years.

Registered
Unorthodox on HBO GO. A true story based on a woman鈥檚 memoir of growing up in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. It鈥檚 not an indictment of any culture, just an honest portrayal of this woman鈥檚 experience.

Super Moderator
I started watching Tiger King on Netflix, and man oh man, it's just crazy! I can see why it's trending #1 on Netflix this week. You keep expecting that sanity and normalcy will step in, but it just gets nuttier - and it's a real story with the real people who truly live on the fringe, filmed over a period 5+ years.
I've been wanting to check it out, just based on everyone's comments about it on social media. But is there animal cruelty involved? Don't think I could watch that.

Registered
I started watching the Tiger King too, although I listened to a podcast about him a while ago, so I already know the story. I love seeing the big cats, but it is an upsetting story.

For those of you into Creative grooming, the documentary Well Groomed is fun. It鈥檚 on HBO. Even if you鈥檙e not into creative grooming, there are lots of poodles!

Reactions: Liz

Premium Member
I also binged Unorthodox on Netflix and recommended it to my best friend who is Jewish. We both agree women get a raw deal in all religions. Enjoyed an armchair visit to Berlin and was pleased that my German was good enough not to have to read every subtitle. Avoid, avoid, The Platform!!! I watched 15 minutes and am still disturbed by the premise and he opening scenes. Watched about the same amount of Tiger King. Those magnificent cats deserve better and all I can hope is that it shines an unsparing light on the exotic trade. I鈥檝e been watching standup, Marc Marin, Tom Segura, iliza Shlesinger, Seth Myers. Jim Gaffigan anywhere.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've been wanting to check it out, just based on everyone's comments about it on social media. But is there animal cruelty involved? Don't think I could watch that.
There is one unsettling discussion when one of the long time volunteers at one of the tiger places who wondered where her favorite tiger disappeared when he got older, and how this is what made her leave the cult-like following of volunteers. The suspicion was that it was euthanized in secret in the middle of the night, not sold.

The story shows a hidden subculture of American exotic animal obsessives that you can't imagine existed right under our noses, sort of like modern day circus people with an assortment of misfits who carved out lifestyles entirely different from 21st century lifestyles. There's also intrigue, backstabbing, setups, hypocrisy, polygamy, the drug cartel, and a whodunnit murder. I'll finish the last episode in the next day or two.

Edit to add: I just finished another episode but have more to go. This one was funny, but then quite sad. I'll add tragedy to the list. I don't know a lot about Shakespearean tragic characters, but Joe Tiger may well fit that bill.

Premium Member
Huge fan of Schitts Creek which is sadly in its final season. It鈥檚 also available on demand on the Pop Network. Love Moira鈥檚 fashions and wigs. I鈥檓 sorry it didn鈥檛 win an Emmy.

Registered
Love Schitts Creek!
The Marvelous Miss Maizel onPrime is another good one.

Registered
Currently I am watching a bunch of Stargate SG1 here for comfort.
For those of you into Creative grooming, the documentary Well Groomed is fun. It鈥檚 on HBO. Even if you鈥檙e not into creative grooming, there are lots of poodles!
Yes that movie was awesome!

Registered
My Aussie soap:

When EMT's (ambos as they're called) go to an ice rink, someone breaks something Important

when a nurse goes to an art lecture, the artist has a stroke.

when a doctor dines out, someone chokes

if ambos dare go on a picnic, someone falls off a cliff

and when a nurse has a doctor's appointment, the doctor turns out to be a serial rapist.

Life Downunder is dangerous.

Super Moderator
My husband is a big fan of Kim's Convenience, which is currently airing in Canada on CBC. (Past seasons are available on American Netflix).

He's American but I consider him an honourary Canadian just based on how much he adores CBC programming. More than most Canadians, to be honest. 馃槀 He actually did a whole series of Kim's Convenience fan art, which got so much attention he was hired by the show's producers to create some more.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #20
My Aussie soap:

When EMT's (ambos as they're called) go to an ice rink, someone breaks something Important

when a nurse goes to an art lecture, the artist has a stroke.

when a doctor dines out, someone chokes

if ambos dare go on a picnic, someone falls off a cliff

and when a nurse has a doctor's appointment, the doctor turns out to be a serial rapist.

Life Downunder is dangerous.
I can't tell if it's meant to be comedy, but if so it's funny! What's the name of this show? Maybe I can find it on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts