Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Candy always has eye goop and it is unattractive. What causes this and what can be done about it? I'm hoping we don't have to live with it forever.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Candy always has eye goop and it is unattractive. What causes this and what can be done about it? I'm hoping we don't have to live with it forever.
It could be that her eyes need to be scooped out with a 40, just to get the stray hairs out of her eyes, Tynks get that way. I love the pic at first when I was looking at it I thought she was wearing one of those doggy wigs! LOL!! Then I realized it was YOUR hair LMAO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could be that her eyes need to be scooped out with a 40, just to get the stray hairs out of her eyes, Tynks get that way. I love the pic at first when I was looking at it I thought she was wearing one of those doggy wigs! LOL!! Then I realized it was YOUR hair LMAO!!!!!!!
I don't understand Passion4 poodles? Doggy wig? There is no doggie in the photo, just me! Haven't you heard about how owners start to look like their dogs? lol. Yes, her facial hair is a little growthy and that could be it. I just got my Wahl Arco clippers yesterday and but haven't tried them on her yet. I bathed her last night and brushed her out but she just bites at the clippers. Maybe I'll have to take her to a groomer this time. I was hoping to be able to keep her calm enough that I could have a go at it myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found Mandy's were bad when teething but are fine now. Some is food related though what are you feeding
It would be great if this is just a stage that she will grow out of. I feed her only Royal Canin puppy dry puppy food. I think its called Puppy 33.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Karen - I also feed Snoops Royal Canin Puppy 33. He gets tear-stains and goop in his eyes from time to time. I agree with Mandycasey's Mom - Snoops' eyes were worse while he was teething. I have not found that his food has been a factor.

I usually get a damp soft cloth and clean his eyes out for him. I use my fingers to pull the goop out of his eyes. I also brush the hair around that area as well...

There is also a product that has been repeatedly recommended to me called Angel Eyes (my vet suggested it too), but I haven't found Snoops' problem with this to be urgent enough to use it. I've also heard of vinegar in the drinking water, but I can't imagine that would taste very good?!!?

goodluck!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My toy, Jester, had runny eyes and goopy stuff when I first got him. I tried eye stuff to get rid of the tear stains but it didn't work well, but after clipping his face ad making sure he is clipped well around his eyes and no more leaky eyes. I also feed boiled meats, yogurt, eggs and brewers yeast to my dogs and it sure makes the coats better and I have no problems with any of their eyes at all. Don't know it was just making sure that Jester's eyes are kept clear of hair or a combo of that and the food but I definitely would suggest clipping the face and keeping it clipped and see if that does the trick. :)

BTW... love the wig... LOL.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I don't understand Passion4 poodles? Doggy wig? There is no doggie in the photo, just me! Haven't you heard about how owners start to look like their dogs? lol. Yes, her facial hair is a little growthy and that could be it. I just got my Wahl Arco clippers yesterday and but haven't tried them on her yet. I bathed her last night and brushed her out but she just bites at the clippers. Maybe I'll have to take her to a groomer this time. I was hoping to be able to keep her calm enough that I could have a go at it myself.
BTW... love the wig... LOL.
ROFL!!!! I am glad I am not the only one that thought it was a wig LOL!!!! JM look closer it is Karen's hair in the pic lol not a wig LMAO!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts