Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every night we put a lightweight leash on Peggy while we eat dinner, and she never attempts to pull or stray beyond the length of it. She just lays there, about 15 feet away from us, waiting patiently—occasionally snoozing—until we take off the leash and give her the okay.

Now don't tell Peggy, but.....the other end isn't actually attached to anything!

Ever pull a fast one on your poodle?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not with Ruger, but my last dog Pinkerton never realized that the door to the crate was not locked while he was in it and I was at work. He was just sitting in it patiently waiting for me to come home and let him out.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Haha PtP - silly Peggy!

We used to tie one dog out outside with that same method. 185 lb dog restrained by a tie out cable rated for a 30 lb dog that was attached to.... Nothing. She was convinced that the moment she was on that cable she was immobilized. She wouldn't even try and move from the exact location she was when we attached the leash. Never tested it for more than half an hour or so though, and we did leave her that long, she would start to howl (Remember me? I am STUCK)

With Annie, I don't have very good grip anymore, so I have a really bad tendency to just... Drop things. Have been very grateful that my poodle does not pull on leash so is accustomed to no pressure from it, as I have dropped her leash twice in the last two days. I just say her name, quietly, and she stops and looks at me for direction, I pick up the leash and we keep walking! I don't think she has even realized she was off leash! One of those times was when she was whining over squirrels and would HAPPILY have gone on a tear after them, so I was very, very grateful I could pull that over her!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts