Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom and I are going to be buying a dryer to use on all four dogs. The biggest is a 60 pound golden and Atticus is the smallest at 2.5 pounds. I was looking at a 2-speed dryer on petedge but I dont really know what one to get since they come in diff speeds. I dont want one to powerful it blows Atticus off the table, but I want it powerful enough to dry our golden fairly fast. Am I asking too much? lol

http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Grooming-Equipment/Dryers-Dehumidifiers/Air-Force-Commander-2-Speed-Pet-Dryers/pc/190/c/191/sc/263/43052.uts

They have this one at the groomers self dogwash where we wash our golden and I really like it. Not sure what speed it is though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
check into the B-air variable speed. This one will allow you to turn it up full speed or dial it down for the lit'un.

I had a small b-air and it worked quite well, til my bather dropped it >:{ It was a two speed and did a decent job on large dogs as well as the small ones, but I now have a kool dry variable speed and the little dogs are not freaked out by it because I can adjust the air speed to what seems no more than a human hair dryer on low and then gradually turn it up to get the job done without them splatting against the wall from force :)

Metro are good, but they can be a bit LOUD.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah, check out the HP on it - those are sold in 2 HP and 4 HP. I don't think either one of them are enough power for your dogs (especially the golden). I have the 4 HP model as a dryer I use when out mobile grooming. I'm not impressed with it for the big dogs (anything over 25 pounds) - takes too long to dry.

I have the metro master blaster in my shop that I like a little better and it has 2 4 HP motors in it. It IS loud, so it is in another room with the hose coming through the wall with the switch at my feet. It is 2 speeds, and you can switch on one motor or both - so you could use it to dry the little doggies OR the big guys. Regardless of what you purchase, get ear protection for yourself.

I know there are lots of other commercial dryers out there, I just can't think of the names.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We cant really afford anything over $150 right now for a dryer, and want to get the best for our money. Any links to dryers you reccomend?

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can probably get the metro you were looking at - I checked the link you posted and it is the 4 HP model - it'll just take a long long time to dry the big dog with it. I wonder if you should just wait to save up a bit more money for a couple more months and then purchase a better one? I'd hate to see you make a mistake and wish you'd bought a more powerful dryer down the road.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have the Air Force Commander 3, 2-speed with the 4 hp. It is VERY loud!!! It will take a very long time to dry the bigger dogs. I'd suggest saving your money for a better model. I'll be replacing this one with either another Edemco or K-9. I love my stand dryer which is an Edemco 7001. This is what really dries and is variable air and temp.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've heard rave reviews about the K9 II and K9 III - but you'll have to save your pennies for them. But, you'll have them for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
A friend has a K-9 and it is a work horse just like the edemco F7001. Good tools help make the experience faster and more pleasurable for both me and my poos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts