Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,463 Posts
I do have trials that I try to make it to every year. I also try out some new places a couple of times most years as well.

My annuals for the most part are: my home club, Suffolk Obedience; Syracuse Obedience; Susquenango KC in Binghamton; Poodle Obedience Training Club in NJ; a couple of local breed (but not poodle) clubs on Long Island that have all breed rally and/or obedience trials and Morris Hills rally at Top Dog in NJ.

Some new places I tried and will go back to in 2020 include Lower Camden County Dog Training in Lindenwold NJ and First Dog Training Club also in NJ and K-9 Training Club in NJ (all for rally so far but will consider for obedience too.

Lily and I were in the RAE classes at the 2014 and 2017 Rally nationals. I do have threads about those events. As to National Obedience, in addition to having at least a UD you have to have a relatively high ranking for dogs in your breed. This isn't a huge deal if you have a poodle, but gets really tough for people with dogs like colden retrievers, border collies, tervs and mallies.

In addition to places (how many rings, crating space, noise levels, etc) I pay attention to who the judges are.

Reactions: BabetteH

·
Premium Member
25,463 Posts
Reactions: BabetteH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.