Poodle Forum banner

What Size will be my miniature poodle puppy!?

12K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rose n Poos 
#1 ·
Hello 😊
When i got my puppy he was

9 weeks -2,6 lbs
10 weeks -3,9 lbs and 7 inch
11weeks- 5,5 lbs and 8,2 inch
12 weeks now - 5,5lbs 9inch

I just try to figured out what size he will be 😊

#3 ·
Here's a general guideline chart for growth in height from POODLE PUPPY GROWTH CHARTS
Keeping a healthy weight is important but height is the determiner for growth measurements in poodles.

"I dont hold a lot of stock in the size charts for poodles out there but I have gotten so many requests for them I decided to post some of the better ones here. Remember though, there are NO weight restrictions on poodles only height so really weight doesnt have a lot to do with the poodle.
Toys are 10 inches in height and under.
Miniatures are over 10 inches to 15 inches.
Standards are over 15 inches.
This by the breed standards for both AKC and UKC. FCI breed standards are different.
NOTE: A poodles height is measured from the ground up to the top of the withers (shoulder blades).

HEIGHT CHART FOR MINIATURE POODLES

AGE IN MONTHS

HEIGHT IN INCHES

8 WEEKS

8 - 8.5 INCHES

3 MONTHS

10 - 10.5 INCHES

4 MONTHS

11 - 11.5 INCHES

6 MONTHS

13.5 - 14 INCHES

Some miniature poodles will take up to 12 months to finish growing. Some will finish growing in height around 6-7 months but may take a bit longer to fill out."

For a comparison

When we brought our two mini boys home at 8 weeks and a few days, Neo weighted 2.8lbs and Remo weighed 2.3 lbs.
At 13w 4d Neo was 6.1lbs and Remo was 5lbs
After they finished growing in height, probably around 8mo, they finished out at about 13" and 14".
They did fill out by adding just a few more pounds as they finished maturing.
Now, at 3 1/2 years old, Neo is about 14lbs and Remo is about 12.5lbs.
My boys both grew larger than their parents.

#5 ·
First, your puppy is adorable!
Next, he looks poodly on first glance, and may well be, but, if you were given no officially recognized purebred registry papers, the only other way to know for certain is to have DNA testing done.
Do you know if health testing was done on his parents and if yes were you given copies or online access to the results?
That could be another way to tell.

Unless it would change how you feel about him, tho, does it really matter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.