Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have another pet besides their poodle?

Besides Riley i have 2 cats. One of them is not really "mine". I saved her, but she prefers my mom. MY cat is Reggie. I saved him from my clinic too. He came with a severly wounded eye and was going to be PTS. He was just too sweet, so i took him to care for his eye. He never left. I LOVE this cat! He is dog like, will come when called, follows me around, very affectionate, and makes the cutest noises. He is actually pawing me right now. He is my cat, and will come with me wherever i go.
So tell me about your other babies! Here are pics of Reggie and Lexus.

This is Reggie now.

This was him a couple weeks after bring him home (and you can actually see part of the eye here, when he first came in you couldnt see any of it).

And here is the beautiful (although bi*chy) Lexus.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I don't have my spoo (yet... I'm supposed to get her at the end of October - color me EXCITED), but my 19 year old daughter (who still lives at home) has a 1 year old female chocolate standard puppy named Chalumeau (sounds like shalumo, but we call her Meau which sounds like Mo).

Besides Meau, we have 10 year old Hannah who is a Boxer, Cocker Spaniel, Great Pyrenees, Labrador, Miniature Poodle, Vizsla mix (HONEST! I had her Mars Wisdom Panel done) and 8 year old Juliet who is a miniature dachshund. Both Hannah and Juliet were adopted from the humane society I managed previously.

Our feline clowder consists of 15 year old pound rescue Sugar Plum, 14 year old Brutus, 4 year old Element and 3 year old Volcom - all DSH house cats.

Dovey, Bingo and Rainbow make up our flock of cockatiels.

Indy is our 10 year old Quarterhorse gelding and Xe (short for Xenophon and pronounced "Z") is our 5ish year old rescued Suffolk Punch gelding.

I'm sure I have pictures on my other computer (I'm on the laptop) and once I figure out how to post them, I can show pictures of my furry and feathered family...

Luckily my husband is sainthood material and he loves me enough to love my babies, too! There have been times when we've had 3 dogs and 4 cats in our bed with us while sleeping (good thing we have a king size!!)

Would I qualify as a "crazy animal person"?? lol!

·
Registered
157 Posts
That second picture of Reggie is just heartbreaking! Poor little guy! I'm happy he found a great home with you.

Wow that's quite a list Plumcrazy!

I have a cat, named Beamer...though the name doesn't suit her at all so we call her Meow Meow or Kashi. We found her hiding in a hole as a very young kitten, and decided to take her home and give her to our vet friend. We ended up keeping her, and she has been with us ever since.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I don't have any poodles yet, but I'll be getting a standard next year :)

Right now I have my HUGE 18 pound silver short haired tabby cat, Obe, who is four years old. He is the PERFECT cat. He will only eat his cat food, never any meat or your cereal bowl milk, when he plays with you he wont bite or use his claws, and he has NEVER made an accident and is very specific about going in his litter box. And when he wants out a door, he won't sit there meowing, instead, he'll either try to open it himself, or shove his arms under completely.

His other names are: Obe-kinobi, pretty boy, handsome man, sweet boy, sweet man, ect. I couldn't ask for a better cat.

008.JPG
obe_kid.jpg

Then I have my new silver tabby long haired kitten who's 9 weeks old tomorrow. This is Oslo, who is a little pest, but I love every bit of it. He's going to be a gorgeous cat when he's an adult.

Other names: Oz, Ozzy

oslo3.jpg

Then there's Precious, my boxer pit mix. She'll be 4 next month, and she's a lot smarter than people give her credit for, but doesn't everyone say that about their dogs? She's pretty much up for anything, whether it be swimming, running, or curling up next to you.

precious_willard2.jpg

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
We have a pair of burmese sisters who you (BPP) probably know from when they were kittens....

I *have* had as many as 39 pet rats in the house at one point (when I had a litter of bubs, a heap of rescues and fosters, as well as babysitting some for a friend!) but currently only have 5 (and this week I'm looking after another 6 for a friend) All 3 of my girls are spayed, and so they live together with my two (entire) boys.

L-R is my old girl Prism who I bred and is aunty of Finch & Sparrow, Ceara is a girl I bought in from another stud who i work with to continue my line, next in the line is her son Finch (my next potential stud boy when he's much older!) beside him is a half-wild boy, Ruben, who I've taken in as my latest rescue and he has some serious temperment issues, but we love him anyway. lol! On the end is lil Sparrow, sister to Finch/daughter of Ceara, who was the runt of the litter and despite not ever intending on keeping a girl, I couldn't give upt he runt after battling for her.... lol!

I also have Riki, my first dog, and SPCA rescue who is now 11 years old and still my baby

And finally my [fat in this pic!] lil miniature horse I've had for 11 years, Mr Ed

who I have done a bit of competive carriage driving with, but haven't had as much time in the past year or so to do much, so he's just my wee buddy!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/Amycart.jpg
He lives with a friend who has a miniature horse stud, so hangs out in the gelding paddock with them. lol!!!

FD

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
This is Coco our wee english toy terrier

Coco is currently on heat, so she is all cooped up.
She is sort of a cat/dog hybrid as she was raised with the two kittens, and she just loves anyone and everything. She is usually called a rat due to her size, but once people get to know her they are asking where we got her so they can get one too. She is super fast (can keep up with our spoo) so I will start her in agility after she comes off heat.

These are our two wee kittens who we got when we got Coco in January this year.

The silver one is Casper, who is super shy.
And the tabby is Boo, who is like a dog, (german shepherd, but eats like a lab) who has the best recall ever, and is super friendly

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
This is Casper, KILLING COCO!

We also have Tex, who was my 1st cat who is super loyal to me, but once we got the spoo, she sort of had to get attention from other people as well
She is super fluffy for 13 yrs, and was jet black up until a year ago, now has a brown tinge

She was friends with our Spoo for awhile because we had a 7 month old EVIL kitten who was sooo cruel to her, the spoo protected her from the kitten so the kitten decided to move next door so it could pick on the old deaf cat without threat from the spoo

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
This is Saf during a bath

it is such a funny pic, so i though i would include it

Then there is our super cute dobermann pup, now 15 weeks and HUGE, already heavier than my spoo! He is going to be a big boy and I am going to show him in conformation and I will do agility once he is older

Then we have Walter and Eugene
Walter is our Labrador/Newfoundland dog
and Eugene is a huge ginger cat who is the alpha of the whole pack
All the animals freeze when Eugene walks around, as Eugene will just randomly swipe any of them for any reason ( i don't have any pics of him)

And Walter is a typical labrador, FOOD FOOD FOOD!
Seriously food, and sleep is all he does, and when he plays with the puppy, he just lies on his back, while the puppy just jumps all over him, and they mouth each other

sorry for the huge posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lol, and to think a year ago we only had 2 cats.
Now we are getting some alpacas, chickens, sheep and we are going to get some horses to graze on our property
And I really really really really want another Spoo, preferably a blue, silver or red

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
We have a kitten Saraphina and a cockatiel Sunny Bird. Of course we had Harry before we got little Jasper and he's a standard poodle too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I don't have pictures on this computer but I'll get some uploaded later today.

Besides the Poodles I have an 11 year old Cocker mix named Clover, she was my first dog and we did everything together, even winning high point at the Arizona state 4-H dog show! She is my reason for living, I don't know what I'll do once she is gone.

Then there is Betty my 3 year old rescued Rat Terrier/Beagle mix. She started out as a foster with her brother Walter but when she was adopted out she do not eat, drink or move for three days so they brought her back and she has been with me ever since!

Next we have Cici my 6 year old rescued Pit Bull. Cis was one of those dogs who I was only suppose to have for a few weeks but now we are coming up on 4 years. She is my problem child and I would like to place her in a home but I have yet to find anyone willing to take on her issues.

I also have two cats, Winnie a rescued Domestic Shorthair who has been though a lot in the past few years and is currently hiding in the attic. She is a sweet cat but gets pissy/crazy sometimes. Tiggy is my baby, she is a rescued Domestic Longhair. You won't meet a sweeter cat, she loves to be loved on and will play with anything. She sleeps on my hip at night and gives kisses to wake me up in the morning!

Then I have 7 foster cats and 5 foster dogs.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
We have...
A cavalier king charles spaniel (Jack) an african grey parrot (Echo) and the part time cat (P.J. which stands for Paper Jam.)

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm a little late on this post, but Here's my crew...

Pete, 3 year old Pyr X
Tanner, 7-9 year old Golden stray who we took in
Cash, 5 1/2 month old St. Poodle

Belle - Black american longhair indoor cat
Purrs - Bell's shorthair littermate! Our #1 rodent catcher! (other than him leaving them on our welcome mat, he is great!
Dee Dee, 7 year old Reg. Haflinger Mare
Buddy, 6 year old Standardbred/paint X
Scout, yearling Haflinger Colt
Nick, weanling Haflinger Colt
Breezy, 2-3 year old quarter type filly - Rescue
Lucky, approx 3 year old Hackney colt - Rescue
Luther, 17 year old quarter horse.

Blizzard - angus cross weanling heiffer
Brownie - jersey bull calf (soon to be a steer) weanling

I think that is all for now, although we may be bringing in one or two more horses who need a winter home for a rescue organization.

Anybody need a horse????

·
Registered
12 Posts
These are all my animals, including the new additions that came on the 5th. From left to right, top to bottom:

Leelou (Rat Terrier) and Kima : Ridick and Kima : Mylie (Dachshund mix) and M.K. (Russian Blue mix) : Izzy (Bearded Dragon) : Vi (Calico/Russian Blue mix) : Magic (Russian Blue mix) : Mojo (Russian Blue mix)

The last three are the new additions to the family. Their proud mother is M.K. who is a rescue that came to us pregnant.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Besides the poodles, we have:
A pair of Solomon Island Eclectus parrots, Joey and Lola.
A 16 year old red and white cat named Lucy.
One Nosy Be Panther Chameleon who we call King Julian.
And 2 nano reef aquariums with various fish and corals.

For some reason everything I like is high maintainance!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
And the cats don't eat your rats? All cute pets! Besides our two minipoos, we have Sasha who sometimes scares the minis-like when she finds a bone she thinks is hers and the pups don't think so. This is our challenging girl, Sasha-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Other than Desmond, I have three other cats (one kitten) and will be adopting another kitten in about a month. Desmond loves them all dearly, but they don't all really like his uhh... enthusiasm. xD

Sophie, she's my BABY! <3 We've had her since she was a kitten, I think I was in like 4th or 5th grade so I'm really attached to her. She's gotten FAT though, haha. Thankfully she's losing weight and is looking a bit slimmer. :) She's the orange cat with the big ol' mane.

Penny is my grandpa's cat; he passed away last October and my dad took in his cat, who was like his best friend. She's the tortoiseshell and is about 14 years old. She's very old and pretty sick, so she's not very active but is really affectionate and sits with my dad in his chair all the time.

Bobinha (pronounced "bo-bean-nyah") is the newest addition to our home... We just rescued her from a wonderful woman at our vet who takes in kitties on the street and fosters them, then adopts them out. Bobinha's mostly Siamese , but doesn't have the points except for her tail and the back of her ears, and is an absolute fireball of energy! She's crazy, and we love her. She's probably 12 weeks old or so now. She is the only cat we have who likes Desmond, and they play together ALL the time when I'm at my dad's house. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I just love these posts!

I think I'm in love w/ the Dobie pup, he's so cute! I have a 5yr old male Rottweiler, Harley, a 11yr old Maltese, Bailey, 2 male cats, OPI and Booger and two female cats, Bitty and Addie. Oh, and my color changing Goldfish, he started out panda colored and now is completely bright orange!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts