Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun to have a thread to share those little moments in the day that make you go awww.

Mine is the way Darcy lunges for his stuffed silver poodle when I put him into his crate at night. He curls right up to him and looks so content it just makes me melt. He's also been known to run right up to his crate when we get home and ask me to let his silver poodle out to play. :) His love (or whatever it is) for that stuffed toy always makes me smile.

So what are yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
When my cat head-butts Teddy's as he walks by him and then he and Teddy gently sniff each other's nose.

*screeching record sound*

This is the part where Teddy starts chewing on the cat's head. It must not hurt the cat because he keeps coming back for more. LOL

They have their own little language, those two. But that first part definitely makes me go "awwwww!" every single time it happens.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Bodi it's when he gets the energy up to bounce around in the house. He still plays and will trot around at the park but he rarely BOUNCES at 12 years old.

Jackson- it's when he snuggles in at night lays his head down and just SIGHS so happy. His happy dance when i come home too- he stands up on his back feet and bounces and waves his front paws around. . . so happy

Kiah- she's not a big snuggle dog but when she lays down and just needs to have every inch of her body touching me and just looks at me and agin just SIGHS her body into mine... it's a rare thing with her- but i love it.
Also every morning my daughter lets the dogs out- jackson stays in bed but kiah and bodi go ou to do biz ness- kiah pees screams to come back in then SCREAMS her whole way back up to my room jams the door open leaps onto me and just kisses me like crazy. those 2 minutes away was a long time you know :) it's like she never believes i'm still where she left me

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I had one the other day... TQ and Tate aren't the best of friends. They can play in small intervals but it always ends up with Tate getting his feelings hurt and not wanting to play with her (which... is hilarious, by the way). Anyway, they both FINALLY GOT BATHS and when it was Tate's turn, TQ stood beside him on the other side of the tub and reassured him and licked his face the entire time I was washing him.

Then when he was done, she helped me dry him by licking him off while I was towling him off. :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I usually get home from work first and take my mini out to the park nearby for his evening run. Very often, my partner will come out and join us halfway through, when he arrives home. I usually see him first, waaaaaaay across the field (it's about a 5 acre field) and I'll tell Vasco "Listen!!!!!".

He INSTANTLY goes on full alert, which is in itself hysterical, looks around frantically until he spots him, then rocket launches himself at mach 10 across the field to go and meet him. He just cannot move those little legs fast enough. Almost makes me wish I was the one working later!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Darcy is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly stand it!

I'll crouch down and rub both my hands on either side of Jager's ribcage and flanks--which he loves--and he'll start wagging his tail so hard his entire back end is waving and he makes these tiny grunts of joy--ugnh, ugnh, ugnh--it's so cute!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
my favorite thing is when you are baby talking them and giving them lovins, they kind of lick their lips very gently and make squinty eyes. Awwwe, I just love that, specially on little Malcom, cause he has such cute lips and long beard....(as long as its not been in kitty litter)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These things are all so cute! Every dog has its own little quirks, but it sounds like some things are also universal. :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I love it when I'm scratching behind Matrix's ears and he makes little grunting groan sounds.

I love when I'm scratching under Mitch's chin and he does little "air licks" at my face.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had moment today that almost melted me into the ground! My 2 year old was walking around and he came up to Cricket and was petting her and touching her face and jabbering to her, and then he said "I wuv you too Kiki!" (He calls Cricket Kiki and CLover Coco) It was SOOOO sweet!!! Both dogs just love on him like he is their own child!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts

This melts my heart. All of these canines, one a puppy and one a visitor, being soooooo darned good, and listening and doing what is asked of them!! Everytime I see this video I just want to smooch on all of them!!!

And this
melts my heart. All of the redheads were whelped and reared in my home, and the "PUPPIES" is how I would greet their litters each morning or call them to me when we had them outside. Clearly, they remembered. This makes my heart happy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every morning, Lily my 2 year old mini, makes sure I leave the bed "clean" She will wash my ears and sticks her tongue up my nose making sure my sinus cavities are clean. When she is done, she is all proud of her self for having done such a good job. She is such a sweetheart.
Every once in while she'll make eye contact with me, and gives this warm, loving look that seems to say, thank you mom for loving me ... it makes me tear up just thinking about it.

Einstein, our 6 month old puppy mill rescue (he is a parti mini) is still very shy and scared, but little progress like, taking a treat, or giving a tiny puppy kiss, makes my day!

When Raven my 10 year old Lab/American Bulldog (65#) sits on my lap, pretending she is a mini as well, everyone watching it has one of those awwwwwwwe moments :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
When my black standard Beau gives the little baby kisses and squinty eyes and when my pup Pearl sees a toy she wants all the sudden and jumps straight up into the air like a cat and pounces on it! Oh and anytime I look into Pearls beautiful face. I love all my dogs but Pearl has become something very special to me, I can't explain it she just melts my heart!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It melts my heart when..........

Lacey gets up on the bed while I'm sleeping and positions herself so she can see both doors. She keeps watch over me while I sleep and it makes me feel so loved!
Also, when we are doing agility or obedience and her light comes on. She's like "I got it I got it" "This is what you want mom" Then she'll do whatever I've been asking with gusto. When she's done she'll be all proud of herself and then wait for me to affirm that yes she is correct, that was just what I wanted.
I just love her :in-love:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Cosita meets me every morning to wake up. If she sees I'm still sleeping, she'll just lay there waiting, and as soon as she sees me rustling, she comes up close to snuggle. It's such a great way to wake up! She also licks my legs when I get out of the shower, and is soooo happy to see me when I walk in the door! I just love that little bichon wave!

Liberty just being Liberty, like how she comes and puts her head on my leg when I'm having a hard time, how she's soooo obedient, even when it's something she doesn't like, such as getting in the tub. Or when we're walking and she's off lead, and she only goes about 20 ft away and then comes running back to check on me, or when she's just perfectly content to be wherever I am, such as in the backseat of the car, sitting outside on a bench, or under my table at a restaurant. What really, really, really melts my heart though is watching her do animal assisted therapy. Watching her melt others' hearts melts my heart. Sometimes I look at her, and love her so much it almost hurts. I realize I'm probably a little crazy.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Cosita meets me every morning to wake up. If she sees I'm still sleeping, she'll just lay there waiting, and as soon as she sees me rustling, she comes up close to snuggle. It's such a great way to wake up! She also licks my legs when I get out of the shower, and is soooo happy to see me when I walk in the door! I just love that little bichon wave!

Liberty just being Liberty, like how she comes and puts her head on my leg when I'm having a hard time, how she's soooo obedient, even when it's something she doesn't like, such as getting in the tub. Or when we're walking and she's off lead, and she only goes about 20 ft away and then comes running back to check on me, or when she's just perfectly content to be wherever I am, such as in the backseat of the car, sitting outside on a bench, or under my table at a restaurant. What really, really, really melts my heart though is watching her do animal assisted therapy. Watching her melt others' hearts melts my heart. Sometimes I look at her, and love her so much it almost hurts. I realize I'm probably a little crazy.
They allow dogs in restaurants where you live?? *jealous*

1 - 20 of 36 Posts