Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When out walking toffee, I've noticed she'll stop, sit to attention n start tilting her head (apologies if there's a term). You know, moving in a small circle, from angle to angle n very curious/interested in what's going on.

I then noticed it when watching formula 1.

Its then that it clicked! She loves and is beyond curious by the sound of super cars/high performance car engines.

She doesn't go crazy or zoomie! Just stops n starts tilting her head in that cute way.

Do your dogs have reactions to unexpected things,100% of the time like that?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Neither Snarky nor Pogo tilted their heads. Galen will tilt his head at noises he hasn't heard before but considers unthreatening. New squeaky toys are the most reliable way to get the head tilt. I suspect he would also tilt his head at a something like a kazoo or a harmonica.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you look at my avatar you will see that flowers make Bobby tilt his head.😂
Seriously...I was talking to him. 😉
I love the head tilt and all I have to do is start talking sweet to him in a high pitched voice and behold, the head tilt. I do it purposely sometimes to get a picture.
I never have had a dog do that as much as he does. It always makes me smile. He definitely looks like he is trying to figure it all out.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I call it "tuning in on my frequency" :). And Hello to another F1 fan!
Our girl Noel used to watch with DH.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
A photographer friend taught me a trick also. Blow a raspberry, smack your lips, those kinds of sounds will get their attention and usually a quizzical tilt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts