Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two picky mini poodles. We've been feeding American Journey mixed with Stella and Chewy burgers but they only eat the burger part and barely will touch the dry kibble bits.

I thought Purina Pro Plan was a low rated (using food advisor like many of you), but have read food advisor is not a good source of information and many of you like Purina Pro Plan Sport, so that is what I am currently considering. I need an all life stages as I feed my puppy and 2 year old the same food (because they eat out of each other's bowls). :)

Is there a dry food that your dogs go crazy over?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Poppy is not in the least picky - she eats anything she can find! Today's supper was chicken, beef, rabbit, sweet potato, mixed vegetables, and parsley from the garden, in a specially good liver and kidney gravy. I was doing the weekly cook up, so that is more or less what the dogs will get for the next eight days.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Zoe prefers real chicken, hamburger, steak, etc. She reluctantly eats dog food. I feed Wellness Core Raw Rev. The freeze-dried pieces of turkey in it make it more or less acceptable. The other three dogs eat anything they can.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
A good 'All life stages' kibble is 'Nature's Logic' has no suspect ingredients, grain inclusive without all the corn, wheat or soy, rice, etc. nor chemically synthesized vitamins and 100% natural ingredients! I just got a bag of the Duck and Salmon Feast to add to my rotation!

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
My picky poodle eats Nature's recipe along with of course, kitchen scraps. He will eat any vegetable and some fruits. He is my poodle garbage can-LOL.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
My dogs aren't picky. But just in case they ever were to become picky, I bought this. You should too. :act-up:

I have found in the past that most dogs seem to like the taste of Taste of the Wild, prairie formula. My dogs like Victor ultra protein. (or some such name following Victor...blue bag)

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
My dogs aren't picky. But just in case they ever were to become picky, I bought this. You should too. :act-up:

I have found in the past that most dogs seem to like the taste of Taste of the Wild, prairie formula. My dogs like Victor ultra protein. (or some such name following Victor...blue bag)
haha.

I've had three poodles in my life - a minipoo as a child, tpoo when my kids were little and my current minipoo - none of them were/are picky.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
No picky dogs here, and Gracie clearly did not get the memo about poodles being picky.

Have you thought about concentrating more in putting some good, fresh toppings on their food? I feed a variety of food, from raw to home cooked to kibble. They will eat dry kibble, but I usually put a topper on it. It can be simple, a dollop of yogurt, some leftover meat, a drizzle of goats milk or kefir, leftover scrambled eggs...many possibilities. That may up the yum factor for them enough that you won’t have to drive yourself crazy trying all these different brands.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Picky? What is this "picky" you speak of? (Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your problem. It's just that my dogs have cast-iron stomachs and will eat absolutely anything.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts