Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it can vary from whether the season is hot and cold, but what are your favorite, or go-to clips?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I like lamb clip a lot, or something like a modified pony clip without bracelets. What he is in depends on the amount of mud, burrs in the grass, and temperature. I can turn the pony clip gradually into a lamb by growing out the legs and reducing the mane, so there is a nice transition. I have kept tassel ears for a while now and really love them.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
^ Agreed. When you're active with your pup outdoors, convenience and cleanliness are priorities. That said, I love having Mia in a Miami, and I loved Zulu in a German clip. I could never get the proportions for the German clip correct, but I had high standards because our groomer in Saint Louis was so danged good!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
A Miami clip - close (5 or 7 blade) on the body with bracelets, topknot, and tail puff. I sometimes scissor off the bracelets.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Misha gets called a she even in german trim or completely shaved! People around me think poodles are an all-female breed that reproduces asexually.
I mean--
I can't--

This is true... lol

And Fluffy's currently in a German trim right now! I like it because I can see his expressions easier.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Annie's usually in a kennel clip with a long topknot and ears clipped about a cm below the bottom of the ear leather. I would love a lamb trim, but neither of us are a fan of leg brushing. She looks gorgeous in a Miami or a HCC too but I find she gets too many burrs in her pompoms.

Kennel clip - all one length, shaved feet face base of tail, tail pompom, banded topknot

She gets called a she, unless she is wearing a red bandana, then she is definitely a he. An idea for you, Raindrops ? :D

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
I am using a modified German - his topknot is corded in very natural dreadlocks. Where we live, on a large property, burrs, stickies and all sorts of debris keeps him in the German look - no bracelets here. Also like the fact that he does not look like a sissy poo (apologize for calling poodle cuts sissy) - great cut for males.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I almost always work on a cycle of lamb clip, then Miami and in the spring often a modified continental with a shorter jacket than usual, because I love to see those powerful hind quarters when the snow melts and Blue cavorts around outside. She is in a Miami at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’m not sure what you would call Bobby’s cut...modified German? We keep him fairly short all over with the short ears and topknot. He has a natural tail so that has its own style, short at the base longer on the rest of the tail. I like his body hair short because I love how it looks but definitely because it’s much easier to care for. I would love to have his top knot in dreads but I’m not brave enough to try that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts