Discussion Starter #1
besides a poodle? *muahahaha*

It really is a toughie for me, I'm going to have to go with Chinese Pug
though I've never owned one, they are cute little buggers!:D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Funny bout that, no such thing as a chinese pug :confused:

I love too many breeds but none will be above the poodle to me. I love pugs, but am allergic, poms are gorgeous, lowchen I have :D keeshond, yorkies, cant think off hand too tired and nearly 2am

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I would have to say next to a Poodle would be American Staffordshire Terriers. They truely are wonderful family dogs with great personalities. Always wanting to please and always up for some adventure. Thats the terrier in them..lol

These are Parastone dog's out of Europe. This was what we were going with here. Well, until my rat terrier wouldn't quit provoking (sp) fights with our Amstaffs. Mommy saved her but she was very lucky.

Imagine an 8 month pregnant ME pulling my two female Amstaffs off my little Rat Terrier. I did it .... and she lived. But we didn't want to take the chance again. Soon after my son was born and ended up having Hirschsprungs Disease so letting our girls go was the best thing.

One day I will be happy to own Poodles and Amstaffs but until the little stinker pass's away its just Poodles. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Oh ...yes we still have one Pit. She is a byb 90 lb baby that is affraid of mice. lol (litterally !!!!) She was mine and my husbands first dog together back in 2000. She is getting old and fat but we love our Lotus.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ya.... lol I didn't know it until one night I got up for a drink of water and Lotus was hiding in the corner of my dining room. She was just terrified. I turned on the light to see what was wrong and a mouse ran accross the desk. She then pee'd herself. It was so sad and funny. I almost pee'd too when I saw that thing running accross that desk. lol My poor baby girl.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Besides Poodles it would be Rottweiler's, Miniature Schnauzers, Shar Pei, English Bulldog and Shih Tzu. I love all breeds of dogs but those are some I would one day want to show in the breed ring.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pomeranians and Great Danes I think. Grew up with the first...and always been in love with the striking harlequin great dane.

I love a lot of breeds. I'm generally not a terrier fan. The idea of even dog sitting something like a Jack Russel scares me!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya.... lol I didn't know it until one night I got up for a drink of water and Lotus was hiding in the corner of my dining room. She was just terrified. I turned on the light to see what was wrong and a mouse ran accross the desk. She then pee'd herself. It was so sad and funny. I almost pee'd too when I saw that thing running accross that desk. lol My poor baby girl.
OMG, I bought spit out my donut when I read that! That is so unreal, LMAO!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Mine would have to be Dobermanns, Afghan Hounds, Irish Setters, Blue Great Danes, Giant Schnauzers, Rough Collies and Pharaoh Hounds.

Griffon Bruxellois' are cute as well

But again, NOTHING BEATS A SPOO!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
We have one of these! Wow, has she been a challenge-but they all have different personalities. It takes a strong "pack leader" generally to deal with a GSD. I have always adored the Cavaliers, Havenese, and Yorkies. But all dogs have their good and bad points-and yes, GSDs shed but not as much as my Eskimo did!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts