Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I came across an add for Standard Poodle puppies and inquired about them. The lady sent me a email this evening of her stud, the bitch and her two pups. I was absolutely appolled (sp) by what I seen.

Not to mention in the brief conversation we had she said her pups are sold on limited registration. That meaning you have no breeding rights and your dog is limited to what events they can be entered in through AKC. Unless you want to pay more... $600.00 limited and $1,000 with out limited status.

Anyway, here are the pics I see when I open this email.....OMG!!!! Why in the h*** do people breed dogs like that. What is she thinking???? This lady is a regular breeder and has two litter's on the ground right now. Im still just beside myself that people do this. :banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
They do it because people will pay out the ass for "purebred" puppies. Slap a "registered" on it and you will reel them in! :shot:

Poor dogs :shocked:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do it because people will pay out the ass for "purebred" puppies. Slap a "registered" on it and you will reel them in! :shot:

Poor dogs :shocked:

Oh I know but don't people have common sense anymore?! Don't get a dog because its a good deal if it doesn't look bred well. Those people are feeding the backyard breeder industry and keeping it going. I just get sick of seeing dogs like that being bred. I replied back asking her why does she think those dogs are worthy of being bred. There just isn't a nicer way to put that. I also sent her the link to the AKC breed standard page and a few pics of what dogs being bred should resemble.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that dogs in general are being over bred and unless you have a REAL GOOD reason to breed you shouldn't. Evidently her mother breed's miniature Poodles as well. Im sure they are PETS as well and should be SPAYED.

Oh and yes POOR DOGS!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Common sense seams to be the ting of the past. You get dumb ass people who see a puppy go all soft and any rational though they had flys out the window!

I see so many poorly bred so called "purebred" dogs is not even funny! When people call for a grooming I ask what kind of dog they have and most have a "purebred" well when these dogs come in its scary to even call them a breed because they don't even resemble it!

Like this dog, the lady said he was a "Standard" Yorkie, well he weighed in at about 25 pounds! Tis the reason I won't do price quotes over the phone ;)

Even with rescues, one time I fostered two Westies and their picture ran in the paper, we got over 200 calls on these two dogs. It was insane and you ask the people why they want the dog and most common reason was "They look so cute!" yeah good reason to get a dog!

The stupidity of humans amazes me on a daily bases. :doh:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The bitch looks the worse, poor dogs. :(

Yep, this woman definately sounds like a backyard breeder to
me also.

Did you ever get a response from the woman selling the puppies
when you asked her what made them breeding quality? LOL, I
wonder what her response was, let us know.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bitch looks the worse, poor dogs. :(

Yep, this woman definately sounds like a backyard breeder to
me also.

Did you ever get a response from the woman selling the puppies
when you asked her what made them breeding quality? LOL, I
wonder what her response was, let us know.
Nope, she hasn't responded back. lol If she does respond Im sure it wont be nice but I will definatly tell ya what she says.

The father looks aweful too. I can't quite figure out what is up with his feet. I know its not just a bad grooming....he is way back on his pasturns (sp) and his head muzzle look bad as well. They all look like poor breeding quality to me.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
westies are cute though -although they are not my type. I have a friend who breeds them. I can't think of any other description for them but cute. oh well!

Where are the little characters you all use in the posts. they used to show on the side but now I can't find them. Maybe you can't use on quick reply, which this is. lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
westies are cute though -although they are not my type. I have a friend who breeds them. I can't think of any other description for them but cute. oh well!

Where are the little characters you all use in the posts. they used to show on the side but now I can't find them. Maybe you can't use on quick reply, which this is. lol

Ya, I think thats why you don't see the funny faces.

My girl friend is looking for a Westie. On the Westie the head is something to really look for. Westies are supposed to have a nice blocky head. They are a very sturdy, very balanced looking dog, I just love the expressions they give. They look like they are always ready for what ever..... a true Terrier.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oh, we had Westies growing up. They were so smart! One of them knew it was ok to be on the couch with us, but as soon as he heard my mother's car he was off! He also knew who drove what car. We loved him but he sure became a crabby old thing in his older years.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Wow where did her tail go? Poor girl she looks terriable. I just dont even breed poodles but I've seen enough nice ones to know better than to be excited about a puppy from those two. Poor dogs. In a perfect world people would be well informed before they add a dog to their home and they would not purchase from people like this. I would be extremely interested to know what, if any, reply you get from your e-mail. I would love to know whats going through her head.

-Leia

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what the lady had to say about her breeding practice;

Hi Jennifer, that is neat that you are such a poodle expert, but you are putting way too much stock in a picture taken of a dog a week or two after she gave birth to 7 puppies. I apologize the pictures are not great. But, the mother and the fathers both come from EXCELLENT stock, from nationally respected breeders. The dogs have PERFECT health records going back numerous generations for hips, eyes, etc. And they are WONDERFUL pets with very gentle dispositions. The vets I use are very impressed with them as are other local breeders I have worked with. So, in fact they are great candidates for breeding in my opinion. Every person who has come to look at a puppy has purchased one except for one lady, one person even purchased two, and I always get word of mouth referrals. Almost every person who has purchased from this litter were either former standard owners, or had done alot of research on standards and they loved them when they say them in person. If you are serious about buying a dog I would recommend not putting too much stock in a hair cut. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't help but respond back and this is what I said;

Are you kidding me? Your female was extremely under weight and even after giving birth they should never look like that. She has NO bone substance and an aweful head. The father is way back on his pasturns and looks like his feet have growths...not to mention he has a bad head too. Then you can't even provide decent grooming for your dogs. Why in the world are you breeding? You shouldn't !!!!!!!

Oh and what Nationally respected breeder's would allow you to breed dogs in that condition. I know who reputable Poodle breeders are in the US and they DO NOT PRODUCE DOGS LIKE THAT! You couldn't even tell me what the pedigree was behind them so give me a break. Your nothing but a discusting backyard breeder that is just interested in money for your dogs! Im ashamed that people like you exsist and thanks again for your contribution to ruining the breed.

P.S. If theres nothing wrong with your "breeding practice" then why don't you say who produced those dogs? What's the pedigree behind them?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I agree with you in principle, but that tone is likely to make her ignore everything you say and not take you seriously. It does not make you sound knowledgeable, just angry.

I know that you ARE knowledgeable, and concerned for the good of the breed. So if your purpose in sending that email was to make her rethink her breeding practices, wouldn't it be better to use a calmer, mature tone that she might actually listen to?
:)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with you in principle, but that tone is likely to make her ignore everything you say and not take you seriously. It does not make you sound knowledgeable, just angry.

I know that you ARE knowledgeable, and concerned for the good of the breed. So if your purpose in sending that email was to make her rethink her breeding practices, wouldn't it be better to use a calmer, mature tone that she might actually listen to?
:)

Oh yes I realize I could of used a better tone but personally didn't want to. Im to the point now that Im down right sick of stupid people. I know that sounds harsh but its the truth. Im very straight forward and certainly come off hard but life isn't a little walk in the park either.

The lady is obviously a idiot when it comes to dogs. Im also pretty sure Im one of the few if not only person that has said anything to her. Anyway...I think she got the point either way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The first three dogs don't drike me as full poodle bloodlines first of all, and they don't look healthy what-so-ever. the last one looks OK to me, but hard to see. None of those dogs seem "happy" and the first picture terrifies me. It has puppy mill written all over it.

The one that is a "Yorkie" cracks me up... Yorkie my rosy behind :arrogant (2): I love all dogs, including mixed breed dogs, but I wish the government would do something about puppy mills and backyard breeders. It's so wrong on so many levels.

Check this out - my local Kijiji Classifieds, all nearly mix breeds puppymill or backyard bred for profit, with this new "designer" crossbreed stuff that really drives me nuts. Basically, people have a pet and decide to cash in and breed their "pets" with other dogs, lord KNOWS what the backgrounds are:

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/f-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-W0QQCatIdZ126

I do think some poodle crosses and beagle crosses are fantastic little pets, such as a cockapoo pr a puggle both fantastic dogs, when done by a reputable breeder with dogs with papers and in great health with good temperaments. The problem is that good breeders for theses types of dogs is few and far between.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The Puggle is one of the worst mixes I have seen that's become popular. People do not realize that Beagles are ACTIVE dogs and Pugs are as about as stubborn as they come. They get these cute little things and then once they grow up it given away or sold because it gets to much for them to handle.

I just don't understand Poodle mixes, why mix them? Cockers are cute, Poodles are cute, Cockapoos are ugly as all get out! Why breed them?

Click
Click

I don't see the attraction with Labradoodles, or Goldendoodles.

Click
Click

I just don't get. :confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know a couple that has a Puggle, he's an awesome dog, all be it, his personality is very "Beagle" and I wouldn't own a Beagle. I know another couple that has a purebred Pug, even more awesome, in fact he is very well behaved with one of the best personalities I've ever seen in a dog. The Pug's only flaw is he farts a LOT. :p

I think all above mentioned breeds are simply adorable.

Here is another shot of a Goldendoodle

Cockapoo

Puggle

I think they are all totally CUTE!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts