Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vaka my 11 month old spoo is going through coat change.

I was wondering, what do you think is the best way.

nr 1 shave the dog down until he is in his adult coat, and then start growing it out again?

nr 2 brush and brush until your hands fall off?

nr 3 is there another option ?

I really want to go with option nr 2, but I think that option 1 is also very attractive, but not with Vaka since I really want to finish her titles as soon as possible.

One more thing I have arthritis in all of my big joints and my hands are not doing very well with all the grooming.
Any advice ? Do people use some kind of wrist bands ?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
We shaved Olie down, it was too much brushing with him and 3 others that require being brushed.

It is a workout on the hands and wrists just brushing to me (during coat change) I could not imagine having arthritis and doing that through this time period of the coat change. If your able, I would save yourself the pain.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have Mochi's body shaved down with a 7 blade and leave some (not too much) length on her legs for a short lamb clip. I just shaved her ears too! So essentially, I only have to brush her legs and top knot which is very manageable for me.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
:( i am sorry that your hands are hurting! i can see how it would bother it. brushing is a very time consuming business. and my hands get tired from just one puppy!

i intend on clipping temperance so i will only have head and feet and tail to focus on during coat change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts