Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And why is is best for standard poodles, or is it?

I need to find a regular collar for Bella to use with our retractable at the beach (b/c there' s a 'safety' loop that needs to be attached with it and it's not compatible with her harness).

I went through the 'cute collar' thread and found all sorts of adorable ones, but I don't really know which is best.

Also what is a 'kindess collar?'

Please help, thank you!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic, thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I was parusing that site last night but kept getting lost. I guess I didn't find that page.

What confused me is when I click on things I am sent to 'big dog boutique' and I wasn't sure if it was just one of those "fake informative" sites which linked you to various sponsors. I guess not!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, is there any particular material that is better than another for poodle hair?

I was looking at petco today and some were softer than others (the ghost whisperer ones seems really soft) but I didn't see any labeled martingale. Now that I see the description I am wondering if some where anyway.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I personally do not like martingale collars... if they are not fitted correctly it is easy for a dog to slip this collar.
The breeder of our show dobe recommended a hemp collar:
http://www.planetdog.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=HEMP/FLEECE COLLARS
He obviously does not have the same type of coat than a poodle, but these collars came highly recommended to us. The collar is lined with fleece to protect the coat and they also sell matching leashes. I've never owned a more comfortable leash-collar set... the leash is easy on your hands and it's honestly the best thing I've ever spent money on. I LOVE it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts