Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to have just for touching up the face in-between groomings? (I have to start somewhere. ;) )

Also while I'm at it, how about a table? Neither will get heavy usage as we just have one dog who's not going to be showed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get a Petedge catalog. They are here on the net. And will be cheaper than anywhere else. Pick up an Andis clipper they are the best and will last forever. You can use different blades which is what you want. I would not use human male trimmer clippers as they cut to close for someone not used to dog grooming or using clippers.

Andis had a clipper kit ithey sell. It is called the Andis Easy Clip clipper kit. It comes with a DVD guide, clipper 3 blades and 4 guide combes plus shear and carrying case. All this for $64. with a 1 year warrenty. Look it up on Petedge.com This is a real great deal for someone just grooming their own poodle.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Heather, This is one of the clippers that we own. It was actually an upgrade for us. We have 2 standards and 2 toys which we groom. These particular clippers are probably the ones that we use the most and we own and use 4 different ones. We really like them. The page that you posted to show the cost of the clippers is being worked on at the moment, so would not open page, so could not see the price of the clipper. I believe that we paid about $139 or $149 for this particulaar pair, but not really sure.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
oops, it's $134.95 which I thought was really good. However, that's US$$, so for me it's about 20% more then that!! lol PLUS shipping, plus duty!! Sometimes I hate living in Canada! Makes online shopping very expensive!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I really do not think you would be sorry for purchasing this clipper. Sometimes if both my Hubby and I are both grooming different dogs at the same time, we will sometimes wait on this clipper for certain parts of the grooming, even though there really isn't anything wrong with our other clippers, we just seem to like this one better.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Breeder gave me a Wahl Moser and she's a professional groomer. She says it's the best for face, feet, tail. I can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-Grooming-Equipment-Great-Deal-for-new-Students-W0QQAdIdZ157370628

hmmm... look what I just found on kijiji (online classified ads)!!

Brand new, still available professional Pet Clippers brand new in box.
Andis AGP 2 speed and Oster 1 speed Turbo both come with a # 10 blade. Also Andis and Oster Blades brand new 3F, 4F, 5F, 7F, Also Geib 7 1/2 straights and curved shears both brand new also 40 tooth thinning shear. Also 2 pair of Chris Christianson specialty shears.
Willing to sell as a package for new groomers
email for more info

I emailed for more info! I would still need to get them shipped to me, but still cheaper then paying the duty and exchange rate etc!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
to have just for touching up the face in-between groomings? (I have to start somewhere. ;) )

Also while I'm at it, how about a table? Neither will get heavy usage as we just have one dog who's not going to be showed.

Thanks.
I bought a hydraulic table off ebay for under 200.00 swivel top. And I use the Wahl switchblade clippers love the feel of them in my hand . But they do heat up fast so you need lots of blades. For quick touch up I have a Wahl Arco cordless, that I also use for puppies it is very quiet.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
LOVE the Wahl Arco!!!!!!!!!
Have two Osters...very heavy but very reliable. Use them on the Standards bodies. Even have a mini oster. Also two other cheaper rechargables. I always start puppies with the rechargables, less noise and vibration.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
LOVE the Wahl Arco!!!!!!!!!
Have two Osters...very heavy but very reliable. Use them on the Standards bodies. Even have a mini oster. Also two other cheaper rechargables. I always start puppies with the rechargables, less noise and vibration.
Hubby likes the old removable head osters we have several of those I have a few osters A5 and they are reliable but as you say heavy Love my wahl switchblade, gonna buy a backup . The Arco for puppies only ....Or dog show touch ups

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ok so the lady on kijiji has an andis clipper like the one above asking $140 and shears; Geib 7 1/2 straights and curved shears both brand new also 40 tooth thinning shear. Also 2 pair of Chris Christianson specialty shears.
$50 for shears... I'm gonna get the clippers I think, which shears should I get???

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
ok so the lady on kijiji has an andis clipper like the one above asking $140 and shears; Geib 7 1/2 straights and curved shears both brand new also 40 tooth thinning shear. Also 2 pair of Chris Christianson specialty shears.
$50 for shears... I'm gonna get the clippers I think, which shears should I get???
I like the curved shear for shaping . you did not say what size they were the ones I use are 10 inch . Thinning shears are more for blending I have never used them on my poos wore them out on the setters though :) . Straights are good for some things,,, some people are good shaping with them i personally am not. Chris Christensen is a good name what are they ?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the Chris Christianson ones are 10"... not sure if she has both straight and curved in that name though. do I really need both? I was hoping to buy things bit by bit... but I don't want to pass this stuff up if it's really good stuff! lol

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
the Chris Christianson ones are 10"... not sure if she has both straight and curved in that name though. do I really need both? I was hoping to buy things bit by bit... but I don't want to pass this stuff up if it's really good stuff! lol
Go for the scissors for sure they are expensive . Get the curved for shaping . You will love them once you get used to using them

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The Chris Shears are 10" straights & Razor shapers, and the Geibs are 71/2 straight and curved.
$ 50.00 each for the Geibs. The Chris C 10" asking $ 135.00 and the razor shapers $ 120.00.
Good deals?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The Chris Shears are 10" straights & Razor shapers, and the Geibs are 71/2 straight and curved.
$ 50.00 each for the Geibs. The Chris C 10" asking $ 135.00 and the razor shapers $ 120.00.
Good deals?
http://www.petedge.com/section/Grooming/190.uts
Go price them at pet edge
Or go here http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cfm/a/catalog.CatShow/catid/88/cname/Dog_Grooming_Supplies
these are the two that I do the most business with I bought my shears from this guy LOVE THEM http://www.petagree.net/grooming_tools_shears_cmon_all.html
so after all that is said and done what do you think :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts