Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered the hard way that there are certain fabrics that are simply not suitable for wear when poodle clipping - anything that generates static electricity, obviously, but also anything that can get poodle fluff felted into it! I am thinking of making a good old fashioned cotton pinny, like my grandmother used to wear! Anyone got good ideas (apart from simply stripping oneself as well as the dog, and then getting in the shower)?

·
Registered
494 Posts
:wacko:***visions of nudist poodle grooming***:wacko:

:laugh: LOL :rofl:

I usually just wear my work scrubs. Avoid fleece!!

I also groom my dog at work so... naked is NOT an option!!! LOL!!! I guess if you're at home, you've got the choice. LOL...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I wear nylon or silky polyester clothes to groom in...woven NOT knit polyester pants or tops. If I am in khacki's or jeans w/ knit tops, I cover the front of me with a long plastic apron ($2.50) that is designed for bathing dogs.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I wear that wind jacket materiel, rubber boots, and rubber globes that go up to my shoulders when I bathe. Though I'm a groomer, so I don't just do my own poodle.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awww come on, just groom naked.. :p LoL When I was pregnant I groomed the girls (always really late at night it seemed) in just my night shirt, which was a huge t-shirt that went down to my knees. Trouble was of course that you couldn't go right to bed when you were done, you had to change first.

I wear that windbreaker type material too. I ordered scrub like tops from a place called stylist wear a loong time ago and I can kind of fit into them now... :/ still have a little left to loose it seems. Oh well, anyway it can come in scrub top (oh and btw I always wear regular scrubs frequently) or in a jacket. If you choose a jacket avoid buttons would be my advice. Go with a zipper or maybe snaps, I'd vote zipper myself. I have a couple of jackets and I love them.

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting that polyester works - I would have expected it to generate static and attract the fluff. Yes - nude grooming could be the next big trend - Extreme Grooming here we come!

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tintlet - I am still laughing - and how very true! Except that Poppy is so small it is a matter of getting her out from under the chair when she hides, rather than behind it, and she has learned to stay under the chair even when I move it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found that wind pants-top works well, the hair doesn't get in. I also have a groomers apron:marchmellow:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I made the mistake of wearing white to work...that day I had 7 all black dogs
all were full haircuts

I normally wear (not willingly ) a scrub top and jeans, when I can get away with it I wear a t-shirt and jeans, at home I wear either a t-shirt and some form of pants, or my pajamas.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I made the mistake of wearing white to work...that day I had 7 all black dogs
all were full haircuts

I normally wear (not willingly ) a scrub top and jeans, when I can get away with it I wear a t-shirt and jeans, at home I wear either a t-shirt and some form of pants, or my pajamas.
Ugh, I'm sorry. Isn't it fun to get hair out of jeans after a day's work. When I first started working at the vet clinic that was the "uniform" scrubs and jeans with no holes. I developed a rash that first month while my skin got used to all the little prickly hair poking me through the jeans. I was glad to get back into the "wind pants" type material recently. Of course I got used to the jeans and wore them while grooming for like two years. LoL.

Oh one more requirement from me, a heavily padded bra. I recently wore one of my nursing bras not even thinking about it and groomed a dog OMG... I don't enjoy trying to remove those little teeny hairs that poke into skin in the first place but certainly not from "the girls" :doh: OUCH!

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a groomer I wear only nylon. Nylon tank top and shorts (live in Florida) and I am in surgical menopause so ALWAYS hot. I also find it dries really fast after bathing. Use to wear scrubs but they stay wet if bathing yourself.
Also in the past before nylon, I would wear a silk tee under my scrubs. I found it kept hair splinters off skin.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I ordered it! I've been looking for an apron to wear while grooming anyway, it's a little more then the plain ones from PetEdge, but SO worth it in my opinion!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I ordered it! I've been looking for an apron to wear while grooming anyway, it's a little more then the plain ones from PetEdge, but SO worth it in my opinion!
A fashion statement too! I love it.........hmm I might have this myself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts