Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I'll sprinkle human seasoning on top of cooked chicken and hamburger that I'll give to my dog. For example, he likes McCormick's seafood or sweet and smokey seasoning. Do any of you have favorite human seasonings for your dogs? I would like to try something new to stimulate his appetite.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
Not to alarm you, but those seasonings could be very bad for your dog. Onion is particularly toxic and potentially lethal.

You should be sticking to dog-friendly toppers or simple additions that will nourish your poodle. Peggy loves a bit of carrot, for example. Or plain white chicken, no seasoning.

If your poodle is still reluctant to eat (and has no health issues that could be affecting his appetite) I'd consider transitioning to a new food.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts

Here’s a list of foods dogs should not be fed. Some like xylitol are particularly deadly.

My minipoo has a sensitive stomach so I avoid all spices, including salt.

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
I don't use any seasonings in or on the animals' food. Most contain salt, lots contain onion, garlic, etc, plus all sorts of artificial flavourings I would rather stay away from. A topper of plain cooked chicken or beef in the broth it was cooked in would be fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,794 Posts
I have discovered Galen is quite fond of goldfish crackers. Lots of salt as well as a trace of onion, so he obviously shouldn't get a lot of them. But, I'm as susceptible to puppydog eyes as the next person...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts