Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reward for the return of my white little standard poodle puppy, Sagan. I was outside washing Vega and decided to let him run around and when I went to check on him I had a chocolate standard poodle puppy instead. I just don't know how this could have happened!

Actually, I do.

I have a tub outside and I was washing Vega. Little did I know Sagan was happily playing in all the water that was coming out of the tub which also falls into this muddy hole. He was having a blast!

Of course..Dodger was his partner in crime. They had a lot of fun though.

I also have the best boyfriend in the world. As some of you who talk to me on facebook know, my dad is very sick. He has stage 4 lung cancer and isn't doing very well. With all the back and forth trips to Dallas it's been hard to squeeze in grooming with the poodles. I keep up with it well but I spent this past weekend in Dallas and my boyfriend decided to try to give Vega a haircut. He has NEVER shaved a dog down before. I taught him how to do face and feet but he's never even done that on his own before.

Anyway, he took Vega down with a 4 blade. I washed him and plan on kind of going back over it tomorrow as well as blending his topknot into his body and shaving the face/feet but I think he did a good job..and bless his heart for helping me out!

It's hard to believe he was so against having a standard poodle when I first mentioned it and now he's helping to groom them and letting them up on the couch while he's watching movies. They have definately won him over.

Anyway...can't have a post like this without pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
So much to say! First I love all your shots!!

And even with all that mud those 2 still look adorable..........oh your poor back!!

And Vega looks exquisite!

I am so sorry to hear this about your dad. I have been where you are and its not easy - big :hug: to you and your dad and I hope he is at least comfortable as possible considering what he is going through.

·
Registered
478 Posts
OMG!!! What a muddy puppy!!! How funny.

What a wonderful guy you have. My hubby is alot the same. I couldn't do it all without him. The poos are his favorites and he cuddles with them all the time.

We'll keep your dad in our thoughts.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Vega looks great, kudos to the bf. I love the topknot too. Sagan is a little doll, mud and all!

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. We'll keep you both in our thoughts during this difficult time.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
lol I love poodles when they get in trouble
>.>
"What are you talking about?! I've been this colour forever mom"

<.<

and I too will keep you and your dad in my thoughts :hug:

·
Registered
148 Posts
okay so for like a split second I started to panic. lol. I couldn't see the pictures until I scrolled down and read a little futheru. phew. so much fun! and props to your guy on the haircut I think he did good.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Muddy Puppy!

Sagan made me laugh so hard I just couldn't stop. These pix are the best. I know the feeling it happened to me years back when I was washing one of my Spoo the other took a mud bath.

But Sagan's look on his cute little mud face is simply priceless.

You should sell the pix to hallmark to put on greeting cards.

Sorry to hear about your dad. We'll say some prayers for him.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I believe they call Sagan's color ZebraSpoo ;) What an adorable picture!

Way to go BF! He did a very nice job!

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He does look like a zebra! What a little cutie!!! Kudos to your bf! Very sweet of him to help. Vega looks great.

I'll keep your Dad in my prayers. Cancer is very difficult, and I'm sure he is very thankful to have you be there for him. :angel:

·
Registered
752 Posts
lol! Sagan would fit right in with Cosita! He looks like he had a grand time! And a serious congrats on finding someone who loves your dogs too and is helpful. He did good. Sorry to hear about your dad. That makes for a very difficult time. Sending prayers and postitive thoughts your way.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hahah Sagan is so cute! What a doll, even covered in mud I just want to cuddle him, LOL! :) Also, your bf did an awesome job on Vega- he looks totally amazing in that trim. I love the big hair with the shorter legs, it actually looks really cool. :) That was sweet of him to help you take care of them like that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.. one of my close friend's dad had really bad lung cancer recently, and it was very hard for her. My heart goes out to you, and I wish you and your father the best of luck.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the prayers. I might not be on as often but i'll try to keep up with updates on Sagan.

He's all clean now..did very well for his bath and later I'm going to do face and feet. I try to do it in small stages and let him play in between.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you! I just LOVE the smell of this shampoo from Show Seasons, should use it on my own hair. It lasts forever as well. He smells so good right now.

I got a few PMs asking for photos of my shepherd...lol so i'll just post a few here. Her name is Pandora and she was adopted as a pup from Camp Wolfgang (a rescue that unfortunately had to close last year from lack of donations and funds, over 300 GSD's had to be moved)

She's a great dog...and so nice that I only really have to bathe her 2-3 times a year. Usually Evan just washes her without soap just with the hose. I do take the force dryer to her every once in awhile for deshedding and if it's really bad i'll wash her and use a deshedding conditioner. She's pretty easy though as far as grooming.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts