Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our titles and such disappeared off my signature and I don't seem to be able to find a way to edit it back to what it was. I worked very hard to earn my Ph.D. and I worked very hard to earn those titles with all three dogs. I want to get them back please.

Reactions: EVpoodle

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,780 Posts
That's odd! If you go Account Settings > Your account > Signature what happens? Will it let you edit those details back in?

I wonder if a recent update inadvertently truncated signatures.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
I don't think that will help, the signature is still there in portrait mode but not in landscape mode on my phone and tablet, for some reason Javvies's pic is pushing it out of view, which sounds like a scripting problem

·
Premium Member
24,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twyla I can see it all there in my account settings, but it doesn't even show me an edit option. Peggy I did all the steps as you described. I have edited my siggy a number of times as it changes with new titles, but not recently since we haven't even gotten a leg since there have been no trials. Nothing is changed.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
I think that the photo has pushed the signature past the allotted space for such, I don't know if you added the photo recently or the xml/html code has changed but it's like a mat over lapped the photo size

·
Premium Member
24,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope the pic has been there for at least a year and probably more like three years.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
Then it's a code glitch, the caret on the side is a drop down to show signature, photo etc the space is less then and crops the titles in portrait mode and it slips away entirely in land scape, no caret at all for drop down

·
Registered
767 Posts
I can see the signature, or at least part of it, on my phone in portrait. But if I turn it to landscape mode, or go to my laptop, all I see is the picture. Here's what I see on the laptop...

And here's what I see on my phone in portrait:

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
I can see the signature, or at least part of it, on my phone in portrait. But if I turn it to landscape mode, or go to my laptop, all I see is the picture. Here's what I see on the laptop...
View attachment 468526
And here's what I see on my phone in portrait:

View attachment 468528

You could slightly adjust the size of your screen on your laptop or cellphone.

On your laptop or computer, try this.

Go to Edit Signature.

On your keyboard, press CTRL - (control and minus sign or hyphen) at the same time. This will reduce the size of your screen or page so you'll see more of it. You can do this several times to reduce it a little more each time, as needed.

Make your changes and save.

To reverse what you did, on your keyboard press CTRL + (control and the plus key) to go back to the view you're comfortable with.

Now try this technique of (CTRL - ) on your phone.

See the Control key features on Wiki.

Note: When you reduce/shrink the size of the page, everything on that page is smaller. So while the signature should now be visible, the font and photos will be smaller. The reverse is true for when you enlarge/grow your screen size.

I use this feature to increase a page size when I land on news articles and the font is too small for comfort. You might find that by shrinking, everything on PF will be visible but too small comfort. If this is the case, PM PoodleAdm.

·
Administrator
748 Posts
I can see signatures for everyone that said they are having issue in this thread. You should be able to edit the signature from the Account Settings as noted above. If you have edited the signature, but it is not saving, please try to clear the browser cache as your browser history may be storing the old data. You can find more information about signatures from the FAQ section.

If you do not see signatures displayed, check your Preference Settings to make sure you have signatures displayed. Signatures will be collapsed by default, you can select to make them expand all the time.

If you still have difficulties with the signatures, please let me know.

Daniel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts