Poodle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joey hunts for dead worms. Yuck! They smell SO bad. He’s found 4 in our lawn so far. He sniffs constantly, nose to the ground and when he finds one, he rolls in it. It took me awhile to figure out what he is was actually doing and why he smelled so bad.:oops: Joey has become a dead worm hunter and I didn’t even have to train him!:ROFLMAO:
Carnivore Dog Grass Beak Companion dog

·
Premium Member
13,896 Posts
For Poppy it's food. Anything and everything. Mealworms put out for the birds and hedgehogs, a dropped crumb, a scrap of bread - anything. It is largely because of the steroids, but keeping her digestion in any kind of order is hard work. At least she no longer chases off after rabbits, though!

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Joey has become a dead worm hunter and I didn’t even have to train him!
How clever. Guess it’s time to train a solid “leave it”. Worms are nutritious it I think it’s probably better to eat them live.

Joey please leave some for the birds. :p

Reactions: Spottytoes

·
Registered
189 Posts
squirrels and me

She's always on alert for squirrels at the park, and she doesn't like to lose track of where I am.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Phoebe hunts for attention. She will do a quick scan to see what will get a reaction. It has been months of purposely not reacting and she still tries so hard. Yesterday my husband was home alone with her and went to take her out to potty. I had been gone a few hours at that point. Instead of going to the back door to potty, she shot to the front door, looked out and saw I wasn’t there, then dashed up the stairs to look for me. He was patiently waiting for her search to end, when she spotted my youngest’s teddy bear. She grabbed it and was running all around, trying desperately to get my husband to chase her. We’ve finally gotten 2 out of 3 kids to grasp the “don’t acknowledge naughty puppy behavior” but my 4 year old just can’t stop himself. I guess I should be glad she’s less worried about me than she is interested in playing a game.
Dog breed Carnivore Dog Working animal Companion dog

“I’m so naughty!”

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
2,015 Posts
I've been pointing out crickets to Elroy. He is intrigued. He tries to catch them, but they almost always get away! Mighty hunter

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah, like Simon above ... Poppy likes to find mischief.
She loves hunting for roots too!
Especially just after I have cut the grass, sat down with a cuppa to admire my work, imagining playing croquet / bowls / comparing my work to Lords or Wimbledon ....
Then she starts her rooting, and Monkey Boy traps for when I wonder around in the dark ...
Plant Natural landscape Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass
Dog Plant Water dog Dog breed Carnivore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts