Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at everyone's screen names. Some are obvious, some not. and just got to wondering, where did these names come from. Mine is unque. I will share if 10 other people share theirs!

·
Premium Member
23,405 Posts
I am obviously not Lily myself. Lily is my first poodle's name and the CD RE referes to the titles she had earned at the time I joined. CD is the AKC novice obedience title and RE is the AKC rally excellent title. If I changed my user name to reflect all that this spectacular dog and I have done together since then my user name would be Lily CDX RM3 RAE11 NA NAJ TKN. I put the titles in my signature instead.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I call Fluffy floofy puppy... I may or may not baby talk to him sometimes... Anyways, that's how I thought of mine, except I wanted it to be poodle centric, so I called myself FloofyPoodle.

·
Super Moderator
1,668 Posts
At the time I joined I owned no poodles, but I did have two horses. They aren't ponies, but they were bred to work cattle. I, therefore, refer to them affectionately as my cowponies. My husband gave me two stuffed horses that look vaguely like them; the picture of the stuffies is my avatar

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
I’m Click-N-Treat because I am a clicker trainer. I’ve since graduated from Karen Pryor Academy and certified KPA-CTP. So I guess I am Certified Professional Click-N-Treat, but I’m not changing my name. I’m still your Click, same as always.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fifteen years ago we lost our beloved Lab, Jessie, to cancer. She was 12. Within a few months I was looking for another puppy to love. I wanted a poodle, my husband said he couldn't imagine living without a Lab, so we began the hunt for the "designer" labradoodle. Gus, who was the most human of all of our dog up to that point, blessed our family and friends for almost 12 years before he died of LarPar. My dog-loving friends began referring me as Judydoodle while I was waiting for Gus to join our family.
Now I have my dream dog, my Charlie, a sweet, smart and loving companion, a 22-lb Klein poodle who is the center of my husband's and my existence. However, I came to Charlie, my poodle, through the poodleness of Gussie, so I will always be Judydoodle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is Johnny boys Registered name, he got the name, because My husband used the name Johnny as a generic name for everything and everyone, so Johnny was easy, the Mr. because well he is a Standard Poodle and deserves respect. The Blackmail, because a little was used to get my hubby to agree to getting him ( hubby never had a dog of his own not even as a kid!) and to clinch it, he was listed as Black Male #1 when I first found him in the breeder web page.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Thataway" has been a series of screen names ever since on the internet. We are long distance sailors (with dogs). We named our last long distance cruising sailboat "Thataway" in 1989. We could not always agree on where we had been--and sometimes how we got there. So; "Thataway" as in they went "Thataway" has been our boat name every since. . We have pointing fingers going opposite directions on our boats. It relates to dog training now--in that we are trying snipetts from different techniques, to see what fits "Gigi" the best. We had trained labs for years, but Poodles are different! Great forum!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am obviously not Lily myself. Lily is my first poodle's name and the CD RE referes to the titles she had earned at the time I joined. CD is the AKC novice obedience title and RE is the AKC rally excellent title. If I changed my user name to reflect all that this spectacular dog and I have done together since then my user name would be Lily CDX RM3 RAE11 NA NAJ TKN. I put the titles in my signature instead.
How exciting! I'm fairly confident Sammy would easily earn his CD title. Would love to continue!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts